Book In Advance
Tours from Waka Abel Tasman tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Kaiteriteri
from US$139.37
from US$64.43
from US$68.63
from US$133.06
More Info
All reviews lee anne maori culture kia ora all ages team building abel tasman split apple rock authentic experience recommend this trip mixed group family activity special experience amazing trip kayak companies fantastic morning thank you so much new zealand
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Our family of five had a great time on the waka. Our three, five and eight year old all enjoyed it. I liked the fact it was physical and included information on local Moari culture and language.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

When going to the Abel Tasman area we had initially planned to rent a kayak. However this was not allowed as our kids (aged 3 and 5) were too young. This ended up as great news cause we searched and found Waka Abel Tasman!

We spend lovely hours having fun, exercising, and learning more about Maori culture and heritage. The kids loved it too, even my 3yr old daughter kept peddling! It’s entertaining but very much safe, there was even a 10month old baby on board while we were there.

I would definitely recommend this trip, also for those travelling without kids.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 10 May 2018

Lee-Anne and the team created a fantastic experience for our group of approximately 30 adults. We had people from Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Colombia, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Germany and Poland, not to mention several Kiwis. This was an excellent opportunity to enjoy traditional Maori culture with some stunning scenery, modest exercise, and a whole lot of fun. Each element was well balanced, and everyone had a fun and memorable time. Thanks!

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Wonderful experience! Paddling in this Waka was amazing. And the whole experience was incredible.
It's not only a great way to discover Abel Tasman and paddle in a beautiful Waka but also truly learn about Maori traditions and culture. We definitely recommend this tour. Thank you so much Lee-Anne for sharing your knowledge and love of this region.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

As a New Zealander who has been out of the country for nearly 40 years, I found the Waka experience to be both fun and enlightening. Bringing a friend with me from Canada, I was reintroduced to my country and culture in a new and exciting way. We both enjoyed not only the paddling but really appreciated the cultural information that came along with this beautiful adventure.
I cannot recocomend this activity highly enough both for visitors wanting to find out about Maori culture but also for locals who want to participate in a wonderful paddle experience in a most beautiful part of the country.

On a more personal note I would like to commend our guide Lee-Anne, her knowledge and warmth touched my heart..

Date of experience: April 2018
Lee-Anne J, Owner at Waka Abel Tasman, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018