“Delicious, authentic Mexican food!”
Review of Mexican Kitchen

Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Wickford
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 11 June 2021

I have lived in the area for four years and only recently chanced upon this restaurant when looking for a Mexican place.
I was really excited to try it and it did not disappoint! The margaritas are AMAZING - I think they even put a little liquid smoke in the pineapple one - as are the frijoles which we had as a starter.
I had tacos in four different flavours - chargrilled chicken, chargrilled brisket steak (both are £1 extra but so worth it), pork and chorizo. Sadly they didn’t have the mole poblano (chilli chocolate) chicken yesterday which I’d been really looking forward to.
My boyfriend had the brisket steak burrito.
I had the orange blossom avocado ice cream for dessert which was creamy and indulgent - and no, it doesn’t taste of avocado!
There wasn’t a single item we tried that wasn’t absolutely delicious.
This place is an absolute gem and I already want to go back!

One suggestion - please put Tres Leches cake on the dessert menu

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (279)

Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

Wanted our first night out post lockdown to be special So decided to go to our favourite restaurant And it certainly didn't disapoint Food was absolutely amazing Chocolate and chilli tart - Wow!! Lovely Rachel showed us the new cocktail bar and we decided to stay for a drink So pleased we did All staff made us feel so welcome Music and decor made us feel as though we'd be transported to Mexico Gracias

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank lma1368
Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

Wow wow wow! Was so excited for Mexican kitchen to reopen as a restaurant that I could eat in.
Regulars pre lockdown the whole
Place has been completely returbished
To be bigger and better!
Before the tables were uniform and it sometimes felt cramped!
Now it is Mexican shabby chic with little nocks and crannys, totally chilled ambience.
Both food and drink menus have expanded, we struggled to choose as so many good selections (veggie options were really good as well!)
Toilets refurbished to be in theme with the restaurant.
Can’t wait till UK lockdown restrictions lift and we can visit the tequila and margaritas bar as well as restaurant.
Book in advanced to avoid disappointment, take out is always good as well but the ambience of isn’t the same.
Rachel, Cesar and the team Are doing a fab job and use locally Sourced suppliers another reason to support local Businesses!

Date of visit: December 2020
2  Thank twinkletoes75
Reviewed 1 November 2020

First time using Mexican Kitchen, but won't be the last!.
Had meal tonight and it was superb. We tried enchiladas, tacos, quesadillas and nachos, and all were fantastic. In particular, the pork in my spicy enchilada was out of this world.
Spicing was perfect.....few in my family do not like spice, and the mild level was perfect.... through to my son and I who went for hot and was perfect blend of heat and fresh taste.
Had churros for afters and they were also superb.
All in all my new fave food place in wickford area, and will be using again!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 5 October 2020 via mobile

We ordered a ‘Lockdown special’ and it certainly was! We had mains, sides and dessert and it was more than plenty for two. A great variety of delicious dishes delivered at exactly at the time promised by the lovely Rachel.
We will definitely be ordering again!!

Date of visit: October 2020