“never felt so relaxed”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Del Palmeral

Our  7 seater people carrier Lounge
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Our  7 seater people carrier
Downstairs twin bedroom
10 min drive to the blue flag sandy beach - pack the ice box in the car!
Downstairs twin bedroom with new beds and wardrobe for 2014
Bathroom
Looking out onto terrace Master Bedroom
Exterior picture
Terrace Master Bedroom
Master Bedroom
Roof Top Terrace - perfect place to top up a tan!
Kitchen
Pool in secure gated area - all day sunshine!
Swimming Pool
La Marina Beach
Guardamar Marina
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
TeresaEAR
UK
“Villa needs an overhaul”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 for a stay in August 2013

My family stayed in this villa in August 2013 for 10 days. There were lots of things in the villa which need replacing or require attention. Towel rail in downstairs bathroom broken, upstairs one was very rusty and unstable. Downstairs bedroom had a very flimsy cloth "wardrobe" which really wasn't suitable for holding many items. Many kitchen utensils were broken and had been left for us to use. The advert says "Roof Top Terrace complete with.....parasol (there wasn't one)......sun loungers (there weren't any)......Barbecue Grill (there wasn't one). There was a very old faded table on the roof terrace, and a couple of old rickety wooden chairs. We were very disappointed by this as we had been looking forward to lounging on sunloungers on the roof, and having a barbecue. We could do neither!! There was a barbecue on the front gravel area that we used. Also there were no sun loungers at the front of the property as advertised, just chairs (as shown in the advert, which did seem new and quite comfortable). Another thing we were looking forward to using was the "foldup portable loungers are in the villa to use around the pool". There was in fact 1 of what I would call a 'lounger' which was very old and bowed in the middle when you lay on it, the rest where just deckchairs! Very disappointing as this meant we could just 'sit' around the pool rather than lie and sunbathe. We ended up only being able to take cushions and lie on the floor!
We had use of the car during most of our stay, but the air conditioning did not work. We reported this to Mike, who after 2 days came and took the car back to the garage where it had apparently only recently had the air con refilled. The car came back, with air con still not working, and we were told it would have to go into the garage after we had left, to be looked at! This made any outing in the car very uncomfortable in the extreme heat.
I think the owner really needs to visit the villa and replace all items that are tired/old/broken for future guests.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
21 Jan 2014
Many thanks for your feedback.
Your review of the property is very old ie review only added in Jan 2014 when your stay was in August 2013. Whilst I appreciate your feedback, I am pleased to advise that all the items you have referred to have since your visit been replaced.
I will review and amend the advert on this site as the parasol and barbeque previously had been located on the roof terrace however feedback from guests was they preferred it to be located in the front garden hence the reason for it being moved.
There is plenty of chairs and wooden expensive sunloungers at the villa complete with cushions. New fold up sun loungers for the pool are being purchased for the 2014 summer season.
In respect of the car, as you know I did pay for the aircon to be regassed for you, however a few days after, the aircon wasnt working and unfortunately the feedback from the garage was that the unit must be broken.We were unaware of any issues with the aircon unit and apologise if you found this to be uncomfortable.All other guests have been happy with the car and the feedback we have had is that guests prefer to use the windows as using the aircon unit results in higher fuel usage.
Thankyou for taking the time to provide your feedback and as you havent said to the contrary, I hope and trust that you had an enjoyable holiday.
dgglola
“never felt so relaxed”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

lovely welcome from mike showed us around and took time out of his owe time to get us some things we needed because we arrived late.it was a home from home we spent every day in the pool witch was lovely and clean and so safe.. deb made everything so easy thank hun kids loved it and so did i never felt so relaxed the villa was perfect we had a beautiful holiday defo be back

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: peace and quit
Liked least: bugs lol
Travelling group: Young Children
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
7 Oct 2013
Thank you very much for your review.

It's great to hear that you and your family had a good relaxing holiday. Thank you also for mentioning the lovely welcome and great service that you received from my keyholder. He often does go out of his way for guests and its very nice to hear that you appreciated that.
Thanks again and we look forwward to welcoming you back to our villa!
SANDRA251...
Leicester, United Kingdom
“do not go until they get a different key holder”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Myself and my husband decided to take a last minute holiday and booked a weeks holiday through Debbie the owner. Debbie was very pleasant and helpful and the transaction was very quick and easy to do. We advised Debbie of our flight arrival/departure details and she kindly arranged our pickup and return to and from the airport. We arrived at Alicante on time and had no hold ups in baggage collection.. Debbie had emailed instructions on where to go on arrival and we were greeted by the driver, who was extremely welcoming and friendly. The driver took us straight to the villa. We had been asked to contact Mike (the keyholder) on arrival, which we tried to do. We tried his mobile several times but could not contact him. Fortunately the driver had Mike's home number and again we tried this several times but still we were unable to make contact. Eventually, after calling the owner in England she contacted Mike directly. All in all we stood outside the villa in 30 deg of heat for 45 minutes waiting to be let in. The driver was extremely kind and stayed with us the whole time until he knew someone was coming to let us in,

Mike made no apology for keeping us waiting in the heat, he merely said that he had been there earlier and that Debbie had given us the wrong telephone number. Mike gave a quick briefing on the villa, handed over the relevant keys and left.. We had to contact him on more than one occasion during our stay over various issues and found him to have a couldn't careless attitude to everything.

The weather during our stay was absolutely glorious . The pool was located just around the corner from the villa and was very clean and most of the time we had it to ourselves. Also there is a lovely beach some 15 minutes drive from the villa.

We met some lovely people during our stay and one couple in particular, who lived at the back of the villa were extremely friendly and helpful.

The villa was value for money and the fact that you have the use of the car was great as you really do need a vehicle to get about. The villa itself, we felt, was in need of decoration, The main bathroom for example, the sealant around the bath area is black in places and unfortunately the cleaner (ie Mike) has not cleaned in the corners near the bath and there was a build up of dirt. We also felt that some of the towels/equipment/ kitchen utensils needed to be replaced, as due to the fact that the villa is regularly let, things were broken and well worn/used.

We did have a enjoyable holiday and as I said before the villa and car were good value for money. The only thing that spoiled our stay was having to deal with Mike and having read previous reviews, I think we were of the same opinion that Mike's attitude leaves a lot to be desired and even on the day of our departure when we had arranged a time to meet to hand over the keys he was 10 minutes late!!!!!!!!!!!

Liked best: the pool
Liked least: The attitude of the keyholder spoiled our holiday
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
4 Oct 2013
Many thanks for your review and its great to hear that you had a good holiday! As you state yours was a last minute holiday offered at a very good price.

In respect of your comments in respect of my keyholder its only fair that I outline the circumstances of your arrival - I did explain that as you had booked a morning flight and as I had guests vacating the villa on the morning of your arrival, that I couldnt guarantee that the villa would be ready upon your arrival. As it happened my keyholder and his wife worked extremely hard that morning to ensure the villa was ready for you, even though I could have stated that you would have to wait to gain access until 4pm. It was unfortunate that they had just left the villa on completion of the cleaning,whilst you were en route hence why no one was at home to answer the phone. The bad mobile signal at the time also meant that they couldnt be contacted. This was unfortunate situation that was quickly resolved. I do accept that an apology should have been offered at the time. A lot of effort and flexibility had been delivered in order to get the villa ready for your arrival.
I am unaware of any other concerns that you had in respect of my keyholder but if you can please elaborate I will of course discuss this with him.
In response to your comments about the decoration, I welcome you to be more specific please as I will always make any required repairs where needed. The staining of the sealant around the bath will be replaced when we go over to the villa next week, as we are visiting to conduct an end of summer review to ensure the villa is in good order.
Its also unfortunate that all the new batch of towels were in the wash when you arrived given that the previous guests had just vacated. I will however review any older towels that may also now need replacing.
The kitchen utensils are extensive so again I am not quite sure what your comments refer to, but will review next week.
Finally, I think it only fair to point out that only a very small proportion of guests leave reviews on this site and I receive many, many more complimentary comments in respect of the service offered by my keyholder.He has always offered support and advice to guests and been flexible in ensuring the villa is ready for guests arrival. He often also shops for food/water for those guests that arrive after the supermarket has closed.
I must admit to being disappointed with the title of this review, which I think is unfair!
After 6 years of working at the villa, my keyholder/cleaner is retiring at the end of 2013 and I am very greatful for all the work and support he has offered!.
To those many people that have already booked the villa, as well as those thinking of booking,I am sure that you will take my response to this review into consideration and the review in general in context.
I am sure that many, many more great holidays will be had at our villa!!!!!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Liked best: Was very quiet
Liked least: would have loved WiFi
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
30 Sep 2013
Many thanks for your review.
Its pleasing to hear that you had a great holiday and made use of the communal pool.
We are always happy to help with arrangements including sorting airport transfers for our guests - that way you dont have to worry about having to find the villa yourselves or relying upon a taxi driver to know the location of the villa.
Thanks ever so much for recommending our villa to your friends and we look forward to welcoming you and family back in the future!
Somerset uk
Reviewed 16 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Having our own family space
Liked least: No stair gate for the safety of my little one on marble staircase
Friends getaway
17 Jul 2013
Many thanks for your feedback! Great to hear that you made use of the extensive villa facilities. As the summer weeks pretty much guarantee glorious hot weather its good to hear that the air conditioning that we had fitted came in usefull. Utiilsing our 7 seater vehicle also gave you the option to escape to the various beaches on offer in the area.Great to be able to take in that sea breeze!
Many thanks for respecting and looking after our villa and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$56
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing