All reviews budapest airport nice hotel wellness area swimming pool residential area rooms are comfortable fitness center nice shower included in the price early departure hotel guests business trip short stay continental breakfast city centre triple room free of charge
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I stayed at the Stacio to avoid having to get up too early and travel from city center for my 0725 flight. I was very pleased with the hotel and the staff especially Eva. The room was comfortable, the bed good and the room quiet. They have a fairly reasonably priced buffet for dinner which I got since I could get salad and soup. However my table mates ordered a la carte and their food was very good. I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2018

A modern, impeccable and friendly hotel where one can relax, re-energize or spend a few day in perfect comfort. Everyone is very kind and ready to help and it was a real pleasure to stay here. Nothing but amazing things to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2018

The staff are very nice, but this hotel has a number of issues. First of all, the room had no AC. They said it was because they wanted to "be green," but that doesn't sound like a good excuse to me. It gets hot. Also, there are unnecessary steps which are required to get to both the hotel lobby and later to the rooms. Why not build a ramp to make it easier for people with heavy suitcases and/or needing mobility assistance devices such as wheelchairs or walkers? Also, the only elevator is in the back of the hotel, admittedly where most of the rooms are. But there's a long outdoor walkway to get there. If it's raining heavily, as it was when we left, you have the choice of either using the elevator and trudging your luggage in the rain for 60 meters, or going through a corridor and taking your luggage up and down flights of stairs. Although you can order a "shuttle" (i.e. a dude with a car) to take you to the airport, there is no real shuttle, and, with immigration lines being highly unpredictable (it took us 75 minutes to go through), there's no practical way of getting from the airport to the hotel without taking a taxicab, although it's only about 10 Euros. There's nothing within walking distance of the hotel, although the restaurant there is nice. Both the pool and hot tub are closed at 9 PM, so no way to enjoy a pre-bedtime soak after dinner. I don't see a good reason why these facilities would close at 9.
That being said, the rooms are comfortable, clean, and quiet (no airport noise). The internet service was good. We were just there overnight between flights. I did see a hotel which was within walking distance of the airport (I believe it was the hotel Ibis Styles). Had I known of the inconveniences associated with the hotel (stairs, no hot tub at night, transportation), and the hotel's emphasis on bottom line rather than guest comfort, I would probably have stayed there instead.

Room Tip: No views, lower floors fine
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
stacio, Manager at Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear lebelgo,
First of all thank you for choosing Hotel Stáció for your stay around Budapest Airport and for taking your valuable time to share your experience. I would like to inform you, that our hotel is an awarded Green Hotel. We do not have a classic AC, we use geothermal wall cooling and heating in all of our rooms and also in public areas. This system is environmental firendly and also helathier for the human body. The temperature can also be set individually in each room, however it reacts slower than a usual AC. Please accept my sincerest apologies, if this caused you a bit of inconvenience during your stay.
The use of our awarded wellness department (pool, jacuzzi, sauna world etc.) is a plus, that we offer free of charge to all of our valued hotel guests. This service is not available in any other hotels around Budapest Airport. The opening hours are determined based on the needs of our guests, and we believe this to be a generous decision.
I hope your future travels will bring you back to Budapest and after trying other airport hotels, we will have the chance to welcome you back and prove you that we can provide a real airport hotel experience and even more.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

I stumbled on the Stacio as it was close to the Budapest Airport for a very early flight. I was pleasantly surprised by the food, accommodations, bed, location, and that they had limes for my whiskey ginger. The price was reasonable for the night and they have transportation to the airport included in the price!

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We spent 10 days in Budapest and Vienna - we had our last night here before flying home. What a delight. I generally do not like airport hotels. This one is clean, modern type rooms, and many weddings are held here - be ready to listen to it if you eat here for dinner. The buffet looked terrible so we ordered a la Carte per other Trip Advisor reviews and I agree - a la carte! It’s very cute and people are very kind!!!! Must take taxi here.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple