Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews rannoch station caledonian sleeper sleeper train cheeseboard excellent hosts before dinner other guests porridge relaxing break steph deer drambuie tearoom scotland gin courses
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

Based at the roads end next to Rannoch station, this is hands down the best use of money I have discovered this far in life. Scott, Steph and the team made us well as if we were at a friends house opposed to a restaurant. It is an incredibly relaxed location and atmosphere,, at no point do you feel rushed, there’s an opportunity to get to know the other customers. The food and service was worth 4x what we were charged. We would recommend this to anyone in a 50 mile radius of Rannoch. We will be back!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2021 via mobile

We had heard about this small hotel on previous visits to the area. We'd tried twice in previous years to book an evening meal but without success as fully booked.
So we were delighted to be able to actually get a DBB booking on Friday night.

The food was exceptional - lots of nice little touches & wherever possible it was sourced in Scotland. I can honestly say I had an evening meal that was one of my top two restaurant meals ever! Breakfasts were of the same standard. Steph, one of the owners, is the chef.

Service was impeccable, friendly & very knowledgeable.

Rooms were spotless with nice touches, handmade, salted caramel truffles, Stephs homemade oat cookies & a complimentary carafe of a whisky for two. Tea & coffee making facilities, bottled water, good quality toiletries, massive bath towels & a huge & very comfortable bed! Extra touch, which was greatly appreciated by me was a very quiet Dyson fan.

The setting is at the end of the road right beside Rannoch Station so it means you can come by train. Great walks across Rannoch Moor. It is very quiet at night & the local deer come to get fed in the evening & settle for the night around the hamlet.

We took advantage of the setting to have a pre & post dinner walk & a morning stroll after breakfast.

Absolutely lovely stay - we will be back!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

We were blown away by the combination of a stunning remote location, the friendliness of Scott and Steph, the lovely service by Marko, the interesting conversation in the lounge with fellow diners but most of all by Steph's brilliant cooking. Each course and palate cleanser was amazing. Good selection of wines, gins and whiskies. We will certainly be back ... not just for a meal next time but to stay in the hotel. Thank for for a special and memorable evening.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2021

Second time I’ve stayed here and hopefully not the last .Why would you drive 20 miles round a loch and over moorland to one of the remotest hotels in the uk ,simple answer this place is unique with some of the best food you’ll eat anywhere
Enjoy the photos I post my mouth is drooling just looking at them

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 28 May 2021

Absolutely agree with everything in the review below as in our view the Moor of Rannoch Is a truly stunning location in all ways.Steph and Scott are simply the best hosts and make sure you have the best time in a remote but beautiful location.
Despite challenging dietary restrictions Steph went over and above to make sure I had the same fantastic food as everyone else which really made my first trip away so enjoyable and to be honest gave me hope that life can be normal and enjoyable despite everything. I cannot thank them enough for this and we are already planning our next visit. There is nothing we would change and the food was simply exquisite and the whole experience a complete battery recharge.
Thank you both and we will definitely be back.

Date of stay: May 2021