Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Ways to Experience Bodnant Garden
from US$394.54
More Info
2,313 results
All reviews laburnum arch national trust full bloom formal gardens garden centre old mill well worth a visit wonderful garden north wales autumn colours plants dell stream gardeners paths rhododendrons magnolia
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2021

We last visited Bodnant in 2013 and the gardens have greatly expanded since then, with new woodland walks and spacious open meadows. We visited in early June, so were well timed to witness the stunning display of the laburnum arch, which had a small queue, apparently because it has just featured in a film.

The rest of the gardens are amazing, with a large formal area close to the house, leading down past terracing to the woodland river valley. The wooded areas are planted through with rhododendrons of all colours, which make for a truly magical vista. The weather was perfect for walking for hours through this amazing location, but be prepared for some steep uphill sections to get the full value of the property.

All of the paths are well made, however, and there are good signs to warn anyone with a wheelchair or who may be slightly infirm.

The cafes were very busy, with limited seating due to the current times, but the staff were processing people efficiently, so it did not take too long to get cups of tea and cakes.

All of the employees and volunteers at this National Trust property were so friendly and seemed genuinely pleased to talk about various aspects of the garden.

On the right day for weather, this is one of the finest places to visit in North Wales at the beginning of Summer.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 7 June 2021

Arrived at the carpark to find it was situated on a steep hill, with a walk down hill to the gardens, you access the gardens through a tunnel under the road, good idea avoids crossing the road. Impressive gardens and the Laburnum arch is very impressive, well worth the visit. the gardens are well laid out and extensive, there are ramps everywhere to assist wheelchairs but be aware some could be difficult due to the place being hilly, nice garden center and cafe near the car park. we went on the 3rd June at our allocated time of 4.30pm and it was a hot sunny day which always makes the day a better one.

Date of experience: June 2021
1  Thank dclbrown61
Reviewed 7 June 2021 via mobile

We visited a few years ago in November and it was beautiful even with colourful autumn trees then but I’d been wanting to return early summer to see the garden flowering and it was stunning!

Every corner you turn there is a beautiful view, a kaleidoscope of colourful rhododendrons, azaleas, roses, irises and so many more plants who’s names I don’t know! Lovely scents, babbling streams and birdsong fill all your senses with the delights of being outdoors. Gardens are set in a beautiful sloping landscape so whether you’re at the bottom looking up or the top amongst the huge trees looking down there are magnificent views everywhere.

Large grounds to walk round but lots of benches to take a breather and enjoy the beauty. Plenty of space so although a lot of visitors, no crowding.

Tea rooms were reasonable. A bit slow to go through and get ordered but nice place to sit outside after our visit and an excellent panini! Staff were very smiley and attentive and cleaned tables and chairs as each group finished.

I love this place. Think I need to come again in July when more roses will be out.
Oh and the laburnum arch is in full flower now and is incredible! What a fabulous idea.

Reviewed 3 June 2021

Visited from Somerset - now knowing how magnificent these gardens are, we would have walked all the way to get there had we needed to!

1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 27 May 2021

This is an absolutely gorgeous garden, but is meant for adults and older, quiet children. We received glares for our children running around the green common area, squealing with laughter. My autistic daughter had a meltdown as I tried to coax her off a low stone wall, and instead of receiving assistance, a staff member hollered at us from across the grounds, causing an even bigger scene and harm to my daughter’s mental state. I do understand preserving locations for people to enjoy quietly, and so I actively try to avoid locations with this vibe so that my family isn’t a disturbance. Having not seen a warning from our hidden disability crowd, I decided Bodnant should be a safe National Trust location to bring my family to. We left in tears from humiliation and the mental harm caused to my daughter. I would go back alone because it is truly beautiful, but I must caution those with family members that have similar hidden disabilities that this is not a safe space for us.

2  Thank X2469WQamyk