All reviews main building wedding venue old english inns steeped in history wedding breakfast bridal suite original features manor house listed building wedding reception lovely grounds lovely old building lovely meal wedding guests function room superior room full english
Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights while working away for business, the room was comfortable but could do with a little spruce up.

Food in restaurant was very nice, good selection of starters and mains so plenty of choice also good range of beers, ales and spirits at the bar.

WiFi was ok but did keep dropping out from time to time.

Unfortunately I did not have time to look round the grounds which looked really pretty, maybe if I had my score would have stretched to 4

Trip type: Travelled on business
stephenl3704, General Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

I am so glad that you enjoy your vista with us and please next time look around the garden
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Spent almost 3 weeks here on business and already planning on coming back!

16th century Manor House with most of it’s original features, a beautiful hotel. Stunning manicured grounds with a large outdoor area set to the back of the hotel

You can get WiFi in most of the areas of the hotel (although signal is very sketchy at times). Decent sized comfortable beds with plenty of pillows, decent size rooms with tea/coffee, iron, ironing board, hairdryer and safe in all rooms

The restaurant does great food, very efficient and friendly staff and the chapel next door is simply stunning

Trip type: Travelled on business
stephenl3704, General Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

I am so glad that you enjoyed your with us and do hope that you will visit us again soon

Reviewed 15 October 2018

On arriving we found the room cold & after asking if the heating was on, we were informed that the heating kept switching itself off, but nothing was done to remedy this.
The restaurant hadn't the meal advertised & when ordering a gin cocktail the wrong one was delivered & on querying it was told they had no strawberries. Overall customer service was very poor with no-one appearing to know how to resolve any issues. To "top it off" our bill had someone else lunches added on.

Room tip: Higher rooms have major problems with heating
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
stephenl3704, General Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

I'm sorry that not all went well with your recent stay.
Our heating can be temperamental but should have been on, and we should have had strawberries.
I have taken up your points as they do not happen again.
Please do visit again

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is good value and my colleague and I enjoyed very comfortable beds, her in the old house and me in the annexe, giving an excellent night’s sleep. The staff were attentive, the bar meals tasty, breakfast of smoked salmon and scrambled egg was delicious. It’s an old house so it was noisy in the morning with other guests having baths and showers. It’s a beautiful old building in lovely grounds. I suggest people who want to stay in a brand new hotel without flaws go elsewhere. It’s called an Old English Inn for a reason.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your fantastic review and I am so glad that you apriciate that an old building like this is not without its quirks.
I do hope that we see you again soon

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I can see this place was once the bees knees, but in my opinion, needs a lot of love to make it good again. Our room in the court yard was very worn-out, with a very old, worn out bath with a lovely shower curtain, and over bath shower, which has plentiful hot water, so that part was good. The bed was possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, but that is as far as the positives go I’m afraid. The windows were rotten, with the latches hanging off, with a lovely growth of black mould. The heating did not come on until around 6am, so was pretty damn freezing throughout the night. The general cleanliness was ok, the decor and furniture was not.
Breakfast was in the main building, which looked lovely... the service from all of the staff was very good, just the food was not. 1 of our party had the veggie breakfast, and was served cold, uncooked, soggy veggi sausages... the traditional brekky was very average, with missing hash browns. Tea and coffee was good, and plentiful, as was the “continental” cereal and juice bar.
Lovely setting, could be a lovely place.
We did non complain, as the staff only did what they could with a very warn out place.... and were all lovely.... sorry Rothley Court, we will not be back, unless it is refurbished...

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon_Donk

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I am pleased that you apriciate the team work hard to make you stay enjoyable.
I have passed on your comments regarding breakfast.
I hope you will consider a return in the future