“Mushy onions”

Ranked #28 of 105 Restaurants in Wallasey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

The steak meal was perfect except for the onions which were just a watery mush. Food is hot and miss but usually good although everything including drinks is a bit on the expensive side. Bar staff helpful though.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Very cold inside when we went, horrible person serving. She told a workman who asked what room was above the gents and her reply was, "I don't know and I don't care"!!!!!!
Chicken nuggets were HARD, chips were cold and will NOT visit the Nelson ever again.
A V O I D !!!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I like The Nelson, it’s always been an ok place to get ok food, it’s nothing special. But what I noticed last Sunday was staff rushed off their feet and a chef (?) with a massive attitude.
To start with, the lady and gentleman behind the bar did not stop, the lady in particular was not only serving behind the bar, but going back and forth to the kitchen to serve food! The queue at the bar was becoming two-deep.

My sizzling gammon platter came along without it’s sizzle sitting in a pool of greasy onions and mushrooms. The kids enjoyed their burgers and my husband his too.

There was a problem in the next table, to which a bedraggled woman from the kitchen cane out to try and explain in a very rude, snappy way what had happened, before storming back to the kitchen. The large party she was talking to seemed shocked by her demeanour and just sat in silence by way of response.

I don’t think I’d eat here again, service is slow because there are simply not enough staff around and the ones that are there seem rushed off their feet, stressed and knackered!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Great menu , friendly and helpful staff , good place to come and have a drink and watch the sport or eat classic pub food and also disabled friendly my brother in a wheelchair found it easy to get in and around the pub and myself using crutches found it easily accessible

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely friendly atmosphere, great service and lots of delicious food choices, reasonably priced. There are also large screens for watching the big football matches...
I highly recommend the “Steak That” specials on Wednesday nights and the Super Food Salad with grilled chicken. Sorry, no photos, I’ll try to remember during my next visit :)