“Lovely lovely, definitely going again and again. ”
Review of Rise & Grind

Rise & Grind
Ranked #15 of 109 Restaurants in Wallasey
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Description: Rise & Grind is a brand new cafe bar opened in February 2018. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our decor is quirky and fabulous. Our food is all freshly made and our menu is varied, tasty and reasonably priced. We have a good selection of tasty vegan and gluten free options also. Our coffee is delicious. Our wine menu well thought out and a bottle starts at £15. Our gin cocktails are a must.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Food was so delicious, I forgot to take a picture when I got it because I tucked in so quick! Very impressive menu especially for vegans, so many options! I've been twice. Once I tried the vegan fish and chips and the other a vegan breakfast. Can't complain about any of it, deliciously seasoned and perfectly done. The service is with a smile and they are very attentive and polite.

1  Thank Smushed
RiseandGrind E, Owner at Rise & Grind, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Hi,

Thanks for this lovely review,it’s so nice to hear it when our customers enjoy our food and service and we really appreciate it when our customers take the time to write a great review, it really helps us as a new business. Hope to see you soon xx

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Ok, so I’m quite local. I live about 10 mins away so I feel I’m qualified to say that Liscard is an odd place. It’s a jumble of shops and average eateries. It’s not the prettiest of places either. So, to discover Rise and Grind is a genuine treat. I had been aware of it for a while, as I drive past it on the way to the tunnel. I finally found time to pop in, for what I thought would be a quick coffee. What I found was a real Oasis from the busy Mill Lane traffic outside. They have pulled off a relaxed atmosphere effortlessly and in my experience that is the hardest thing of all. Most places try too hard. The decor is soft and classy. The music playing is well chosen and not at all intrusive. (if you're playing Carol King and Stevie Wonder then you clearly understand the vibe you're looking for and you're ok in my books ;) I was surprised to see such a large menu. Breakfasts, lunch, small platters, kids menu, cakes. The bar looks well stocked with wines whiskies and beers too, so I assume it has quite a nice evening vibe. I had the full English which was £8. Very reasonably priced. Sure, you could go to Whetherspoons and pay £4 but the ingredients here were real quality, it came with coffee - which included free refills - something my American wife bemoans the lack of in most establishments. A side plate of toast and butter too (not just crammed on your plate getting soggy in your beans). The little details always make a place for me. The cute pottery that accompany the service. One to hold the sauce and the other shaped like a milk urn (the milk was warmed too - nice). I had a good chat with the staff who were really friendly and just as chilled as the vibe. There's a quote on the menu that reads "I love days when my only problem is to have tea or coffee". I had a busy day ahead and yet I left Rise and Grind feeling that could have been my maxim for the day!

1  Thank ljmc12016
RiseandGrind E, Owner at Rise & Grind, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hi, oh what a lovely review, thanks for giving it so much detail. It’s nice to know our attention to detail gets noticed and appreciated. Reviews like this really help us so thanks again and looking forward to having you back soon. Xx

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Looked forward to visiting this new cafe looked amazing inside menu interesting but didn't get as far as ordering while I appreciate its new and slow we were ignored completely by waitress and waited so long we left just a hi will be with u soon would of been nice

3  Thank Julie P
RiseandGrind E, Owner at Rise & Grind, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hi Julie, I’m really sorry to hear about your experience at Rise & Grind. I’m assuming you came Sunday morning when we only had one waitress working as we are not usually very busy at that time but following your review I will make sure we are better staffed.

However Kirsty who was working that morning is a very lovely experienced and professional waitress and would never ignore any one on purpose I can only imagine she didn’t notice you arriving and for that we are sorry.

Regards
Erica

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I've been here so many times the past month and I absolutely love it here. The staff are so friendly and helpful,the food is PHANOMINAL, the vibe inside is so cosy and I can honestly say I always look forward to coming here.
Their breakfast quesadilla is SOO good I highly recommend it to anyone. Their burgers are top notch; my favourite is the halloumi and courgette burger, which I would also recommend. The only downside is the burgers arrive in a little crate thing which good for a pic but not very practical for eating, but the staff are good if you ask for a plate. Last time I went in my friend got a milkshake which he very much enjoyed. Honestly I can't sing their praises enough, everyone I've brought in have loved it.
If you want good affordable and great tasting food in the Liscard/Wallasey area, I absolutly recommend Rise&Grind. Great food, great customer service and great vibe
See you guys soon

4  Thank Roxie C

Hi Roxie

Thank you so much for this review, it’s really good of you to take the time and offer your support.

So glad you love coming here, we love having you here and bringing all your friends.

ps I know what you mean about the crates, I will make sure we all ask our customers if they want a side plate

See you soon
Erica xx

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Passed this little place a lot before it opened and couldn't wait to give it a try - it's lovely, very smart inside. Have called in twice - once for brunch and once for dinner (on our second visit we arrived when I think the staff thought there'd be no more food orders, as it wasn't that long till closing, but they accommodated us without any fuss).
Good coffee and really varied menu - the vegetarian and vegan options (don't worry meat eaters are also well catered for) are great, not just your standard choices. Some prices might look a little high for the area but the food and service is worth it.
We were also able to take our dog in which was great being so near the park. We don't eat out much but definitely plan to go back.

1  Thank Jerufmads13
Rise G, Owner at Rise & Grind, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thanks for taking the time to do this great review and thanks for coming back! Being a new venture your feedback and support is greatly appreciated. We know we are not the cheapest place in the area but glad you think we are worth that little extra as all our food is freshly bought and made to order so does cost us a bit more than our competitors but we hope that bringing that little bit of glamour to Liscard is worth it. Looking forward to having you back xx