“Thai Fast Food”

Thai Country Kitchen
Ranked #19 of 34 Restaurants in Levin
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 22 March 2018

This is definitely a no frills restaurant but the service was fast and efficient. As I was travelling on my own I had my Kindle with me but by the time I had read about 2-3 pages my dinner was on the table and ready to eat. The food was attractively presented with a generous amount of rice to go with it. On this occasion I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff who were very attentive without being pushy. They even asked if I wanted extra rice to help mop up the sauce. Overall a good experience and no real problems to report. I hope these young guys who run the place do well.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

I come here often for a cheap yummy lunch with friends. It's a back to basics place, with no frills, but the food is good and substantial. Great for a casual eat-in or takeaway dinner too

Reviewed 25 January 2017

Tasty, clean food at the TCK. Great value at lunchtime when patrons can buy a full sized meal for $10.00. Mike is lovely. Very friendly. Authentic Thai restaurant.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We had a particularly bad experience in this restaurant and would not recommend it.

The bathroom had empty toilet rolls and cardboard boxes everywhere, not to mention mould on the walls and windows. The toilets had not been cleaned for some time either.

The food was served promptly and with a smile. It was very bland compared to other Thai takeaway/restaurants in the region. The "best Pad Thai" was anything but.

The owners' friendly young boy sneezed on the cutlery which was subsequently still served to customers.

The owners were very nice people however this did not make up for the rest of our experience!

2  Thank Matt P
Reviewed 17 November 2016

always very tasty and to your satisfaction, very quick ready to be serve. Eat in or take away. Just to go in and order.