“Yummy Food at the TCK”

Thai Country Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 33 Restaurants in Levin
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Tasty, clean food at the TCK. Great value at lunchtime when patrons can buy a full sized meal for $10.00. Mike is lovely. Very friendly. Authentic Thai restaurant.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We had a particularly bad experience in this restaurant and would not recommend it.

The bathroom had empty toilet rolls and cardboard boxes everywhere, not to mention mould on the walls and windows. The toilets had not been cleaned for some time either.

The food was served promptly and with a smile. It was very bland compared to other Thai takeaway/restaurants in the region. The "best Pad Thai" was anything but.

The owners' friendly young boy sneezed on the cutlery which was subsequently still served to customers.

The owners were very nice people however this did not make up for the rest of our experience!

2  Thank Matt P
Reviewed 17 November 2016

always very tasty and to your satisfaction, very quick ready to be serve. Eat in or take away. Just to go in and order.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Having spent some time in Thailand in August, I'm now eating in Thai restaurants whenever I get the chance.

The Thai Country Cafe isn't much to look at with very basic decor but the owner was a lovely man and the food was delicious. My friend and I both ordered stir fried veges with cashews - the vegetarian option for me and with chicken for my friend. We both enjoyed our meals.

I was brave enough to thank the owner in Thai and he responded very warmly, wanting to know when I was in Thailand and sharing his sadness about the recent death of the Thai King. It was a simple lunch but the food and language allowed me to feel closer to a country and culture I have such fond memories of.

1  Thank Joanne D
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

I went here for my birthday dinner. 35+ people . We had an amazing buffet. The tastes were exquisite. The quantities were generous. Everyone enjoyed the food.

1  Thank RikkiTiki