“Enjoyable Evening”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Next door to the Mountain View Motel
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I was taken here for my birthday after a recommendation from a friend. The decor was a little dated but very clean and nicely set out.Lighting was very good and not over the top. The waiting staff were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Food came out in a timely manner and was well presented and very enjoyable. I would come here again.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I found this restaurant quiet and comfortable .enjoyed a nice meal with my partner without being interrupted ,nicely laid out and lighting appropriate .

Reviewed 6 March 2016

Haven't been here for a long time, and this visit was with friends for us to experience really good food. The menu at first glance looks dated ( don't be put off) and is not up to date with the flash dish names i.e. Fillet Mignon still rules here, but a name did not change the food.

The group had scallops to start and they were great and fat, the mains had were Fillet Mignon, Carpet bag Steak..yes many of you will remember this little beauty, Crumbed and pan fried fish, salmon, and a roast. All of these dishes were large so for the big eater in you) this is a great place. The steak were nice cuts of meat and very tasty and well cooked as we requested. I loved and hankered for the good old jacket potato and I wasn't disappointed..it was great. deserts were varied and not out of the top fancy named drawer, but the Baileys fudge, pavlova and Lemon Merengue pie were really, really good.A case of not judging book by the cover.

The wine list is not fraught with the big name flash brands but was solid and very adequate for what we wanted this night.

The service was attentive, and not obtrusive, and is what you would expect in a small town dining place, but also very adequate.

Overal this is a place that has really solid meals, and large, well cooked, with fresh ingredients. The price is also very reasonable. We had pre dinner drinks, had entree, mains and desert, wine and port all for a very reasonable per couple charge.The group I was with all praised the food as solid, well cooked, and very pleasant. Nothing wrong here, and if you can get over the lack of the fancy names for the food, ( I don't care what you call a nice piece of steak..as long as it meets that exact criteria, which this did) it is well worth a visit. We will be back.

Reviewed 1 January 2016

We took our Dad to lunch for his 88th birthday (Dec 4th 2015). Five us had the roast of the day which included a choice of two deserts priced at $15.50. The meal was huge and beautifully cooked. Roast lamb with mint sauce and gravy, roast kumera, pumpkin, potato, with cauliflower & peas. The lamb was to die for. Desert was a choice of pavlova with fruit salad or mud cake. I had the mud cake just beautiful the only complaint was the fruit salad was tinned and not fresh seasonal fruit. Overall a beautiful meal with fabulous service. I have dined here before having had differing dishes and haven't been able to fault any so far. Very reasonably priced. This is a licensed restaurant.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

besides the big sign there is little to suggest that this is a nice destination to eat at. Even parking up it retains the look and feel of just another motel. However this is a motel with a difference, and that difference is it's restaurant. A restaurant you want to stay and eat in and one that produces great meals. The menu is a bit steak orientated, but the quality and quantity of the three meals we had there was excellent. The service was great, not over attentive, nor under. Our food was produced quickly and very well presented.
definitely worth stopping at