Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 23/04/21
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 24/04/21
Free cancellation until 24/04/21
Booking.comUS$96
CheapTicketsUS$96
eDreamsUS$96
All reviews train noise the owner room was clean the main road saturday night stayed two nights motel
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2019

Stayed 1 night and enjoyed the hospitality and cleanliness of the facilities that we decided to extend our stay for another 2 nights. The owner Garry was very friendly. As the room we were given this time had double glazing the train noise was minimal. We stayed here last year and the place is getting better with age because of all of the improvements Garry & Monica have made to the motel & facilities. Try it you would like what Bassingers Motor Lodge has to offer.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2018 via mobile

My wife booked via expedia which has no mention of the noise issues this place had. State highway at the front, railway line at the rear.

When reviewing the accommodation online she mentioned the noise. This saw the manager turn up at our unit door (6.30pm on Christmas day) wanting to talk to her about her comments. I made it clear to him it was not the time nor place for such a discussion.

Despite this he decided to email her to pursue the matter.

At check out the next morning he insisted on raising the issue again and was emphatically told to let it go. He continued, essentially accusing my wife of being a liar and insisting on having the last word.

I was furious and ended up letting him know of my anger in the bluntest possible terms.

His facetious and insincere wishes of a Happy New Year pushed me past boiling point.

What a way to ruin my family's Christmas

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 234felixm
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Great location on SH1 at north end of Levin. Owner very obliging and helpful. Facilities were all that were needed and would definitely stay there again if passing. I can recommend it. Parking good. Fine for wheelchair.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We stayed here for 1 night in early August.
The room was lovely and clean. The only downfall was the trains
at night time!
The owner Garry was very accommodating and was not far from the town centre.
Thank you for our stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2018

We booked 3 rooms for work. All rooms were very clean and tidy. The beds were comfy and clean. We were made aware of the train but they had double glazed windows and I never heard the train once in the night. My work mate did hear a couple of them but they were not overly loud. Will be coming back to stay one day.

Date of stay: April 2018