“Fish&Chips amazing”

Add it.
South End Takeaways
Ranked #23 of 33 Restaurants in Levin
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Now this a good take away as far as take aways go,They know how to cook fish&chips just spot on,We got served quick pleasant staff and also great value for money.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

I don't normally write reviews but I just had to with this one. Probably the worst takeaways we've ever had and the most expensive in that case too. The Nasi Goreng was so spicy my kids couldn't even eat it (and we are big spice eaters!) - which the lady serving didn't ask or state the level of spice it would be (never had to have that worry before, it's always been a tolerable heat or just mild). I think if the flavours were good I wouldn't have had a problem(I love lots of heat!), just would have thought it a little odd that she hadn't asked if I wanted it super hot... But it tasted awful. I actually didn't realise you could make something so hot so bland at the same time. The Chow mein we got had noodles I had never seen before which were gluggy and broke by just picking them up and the whole dish also tasted bland with soggy over cooked veges. Whatever you do, don't get the Banana fritters. They were so soggy we couldn't even take them out of the bag, they just disintegrated into banana mush and undercooked floury batter pieces! I couldn't quite believe we had paid for them. The potato fritters were the smallest we've ever encountered while also taking the award for being the thinnest we've ever had - it was like eating straight batter. I know the size of the scoops of chips have decreased over the years but for the price they're asking for one scoop and the amount you get I couldn't quite believe my eyes. All 5 of us literally only got a handful each out of two scoops. To add to all this, everything had copious amounts of salt on it that even trying to dust some off didn't even make some things edible and we had to chuck half of it out. Thank god we didn't try the fish.. Who knows what they would have been like. I'm sorry but if you are looking for that quick cheap bite on your way through Levin, hold on until the next stop because the unhappy demeanor we were served with matched the expensive unappetizing 'food' we received.

I choose to give them a 2 star rating because I know there is definitely a few other things that could have made it absolutely atrocious (like bad hygiene, undercooked meat etc) but coming from kiwis who have tried many different f&c takeaways I gotta say this has been the worst.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Not a vast menu to choose from, but what they have got is excellent quality and not your usual Kiwi Chinese.
There is also your usual burger or fish and chips for those not wanting Chinese.
By far, this is the best Chinese in town.

1  Thank majnz
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

If we have a work do or family over or just us in a hurry we always pop down to south end takeaways for our dinner there food is all ways very nice and healthy

Reviewed 10 February 2016

This restaurant caters for takeaways or you can sit at a table anytime they are open. Always friendly faces and its nice to get a nod of recognition. I love stopping here as fruit and veggie shop next door so do a shop there as well. Chinese and European meals available and a huge selection. Can never go wrong with the banana fritter