US$293
  • Pool
Cabinas Las Olas(Playa Avellanas)
US$120
US$96
Hotel Mauna Loa(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$79
Vida Verde(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$60
Las Avellanas Villas(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
US$94
Hotel Surf Camp Mediterraneo(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$71
ChanteMar(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
US$76
Cafe Playa Negra(Playa Negra)(Great Value!)
US$63
Priceline
All reviewsyoga retreatyoga trainingvisited elcosta ricaamazing chefhowler monkeysmorning and eveningnice amenitieshome away from homeother guestsbring earplugszip liningcome homedry seasonbeach towelshorseback ridinggrounds are beautiful
Reviewed 4 April 2016

I stayed at El Sabanero for a week in March while offering a yoga retreat.
I'm going back in May offering a long weekend yoga retreat from the 25th to the 29th.
I loved the place, the food, the people.....The whole package.
The cabins were perfect, rustic and sweet with air conditioning and a hot water shower, great wifi connection and amazing breezes.
The grounds are manicured with beautiful tropical blooms and the pool is awesome.
The whole vibe at El Sabanero is warm and tranquil. Amit, Tasha, Harold, Kurt, Donald and Hazel, you all really make people feel at home. It's amazing! Can't wait to see you all again soon.
Contact El Sabanero if you're interested in holding or attending future retreats....they're great hosts!!!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank ammayogaom
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Staying at El Sabanero Eco Lodge was an amazing experience. The grounds are beautiful and the atmosphere is very relaxed and peaceful. Although, I am not really into yoga, I never felt uncomfortable and I really enjoyed myself. The owners, Amit and Tasha, have such an incredible energy and I am truly thankful for the time I was able to spend with them and their children. It was easy feeling at home there. The food was DELICIOUS, fresh, and varying each day. I would highly recommend El Sabanero Eco Lodge to anyone. I feel blessed to have had this experience and can’t wait for my next visit!

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank SoulSearchingGypsy
Reviewed 13 March 2016

Just came back from a wonderful yoga retreat. Amit & Tasha, were friendly & welcoming with there 2 children. The grounds are beautiful and cabins are cozy, the a/c worked well.
The views from the balcony were serene.They were very accommodating helping us with excursions & transportation.
Donald & Hazel the chefs, made us wonderful fresh meals. Just loved the homemade bread & ginger/tumeric tea!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2016

I am so thankful and grateful to have had the pleasure of staying at El Sabarnero last week for a yoga and meditation retreat. I was able to focus on my mind, body and soul. The sounds of nature complimented the peacefulness of the property and the chalets. The food was absolutely delicious and you could feel the love that Donald and Hazel put into all of the preparation. The staff were helpful, kind and happy. I truly fell in love with Costa Rica and am blessed to have experienced it all while staying at this wonderful resort. Pura Vida!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2016

This lodge is remarkable! I lived at El Sabanero Eco Lodge for a month while taking a Yoga Teacher Training. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. The rest of the property is amazing as well. They have two open spaces for yoga, both were wonderful. They have two pools, both were incredible. We ate three meals a day at El Sabanero, and each meal was such a highlight. The variety of food was amazing. The care and creativity they put into their meals was super impressive. I'm a runner, and there were plenty of dirt roads and sidewalks for morning runs. The lodge is also conveniently close to Tamarindo and Playa Avellanas. There were friendly cats, iguanas and dogs to keep you company. The property is well thought out, and I just can't recommend it enough! You will love it!

Stayed: November 2015