“Fantastic!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
The cottage
Pool with a view The green of the olive trees and the bright green of the grass..
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pool with a view
The green of the olive trees and the bright green of the grass..
Collect flowers from the fields around and decorate your coffee table.
Where the blue of the sky meets the blue of the pool!
Breakfast under the huge olive tree..
Relax by the pool
The west bedroom has one double bed (150 X 210 cm) and view to the olive grove!
The west bedroom!
The blue, romantic bedroom!
The kitchen is fully equipped even with a dish washer.
North-east view from the veranda
North -west view from the terrace of the cottage. Rethymno and the castle, Fortezza, is visible!
The Cretan blues
The bathroom
The flowers
It's Christmas time...
Decorating the olive trees
The pool through a pink cloud...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Flurdy
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We found exactly what we were looking for at Lily's cottage! Peace and quiet in the middle of the summer holidays!
Amazing views! I don't want to leave!
Lily is the most wonderful host! Whose cheese pie on arrival was a lovely tasty treat only to be surpassed by her amazing musaka!
She made herself available to address any of our needs,and gave us good advice and local knowledge, but gave us the privacy we desired! Thank you lily!
The cottage itself is perfect, what a little gem! It has everything you need! Fabulous private pool, the garden areas are lovely, there are different areas for different parts of the day, lovely comfortable sun beds in the sun, lovely seating areas in the shade. Lots of colourful plants, obviously well cared for!
The bedrooms are very comfortable with air conditioning too!
A nice light and airy lounge with information on gorge walks and beaches!
Washing machine/ gas BBQ! Lovely shower! Cannot fault this place!
There are a couple of supermarkets within a three minute drive one of them is a Lidl, a lovely bakery and butchers too.
The local restaurants are mostly reasonably priced and serve good quality food.
A ten minute drive up the hill from villa is Fantastico a restaurant with the most amazing views, we had a starter for two persons a Greek taster plate which was delicious and a reasonable price.
Rethymenon is a 15minute drive and parking at the harbour is easy and a couple of Euros for a couple hours.lovely old town and fort!
The Gorge walk Myli was beautiful well worth a visit!
As was Chania with its old town and Venetian harbour.
Ive fallen in love with this part of Crete and especially Lily's cottage!

2 Aug 2017
My dear Maria and Mike, thank you very much for these amazing words you used to describe my cottage. I try hard to satisfy all my guests who visit it on their vacation looking, as you, for quiet, peace, relaxation and privacy far away from the hassle and bustle of the towns!
This is what I myself look for on my holidays.
Thanks again and I hope I ll see you in the future!!!
tippytoes...
London, United Kingdom
“Peaceful, well maintained villa with private pool and gardens”
Reviewed 16 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Lily's cottage is located in a former olive grove and is surrounded by fields with no other house visible. The garden and pool are totally private for those wishing not to be overlooked or disturbed. From the garden and terrace you can look across the landscape to the sea and hotels. The villa is immaculately clean with a mid week and weekend clean and fresh bedding and towels provided. Lily even cooks some wonderful local dishes and brings on cleaning days. There are numerous comfortable seating areas in the garden but being by the pool is best. As the villa has a dish washer all cutlery and crockery is very clean with the kitchen well equipped for those wishing to cook. There are local supermarkets and numerous good restaurants either in the hills behind the villa or at the end of the road. We'd recommend a car to make the most of your stay. The pool is accessed by a hand rail and metal steps and faces the sun all day. This is cleaned every few days. The villa is comfortable with air con and washing machine. Enjoy your stay!

17 Jul 2017
My dear Douglas, thank you so much for this 5* review and for your nice words for the cottage and me. It was my pleasure having you as my guests and if you felt welcomed and well looked after then my goal was fulfilled.
lancehick...
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Perfect retreat and host”
Reviewed 22 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

The location is great, property has everything you needand the garden is fantastic for relaxing days. We have rented numerous properties this is one of the best .The owner Lily really is wonderful nothing is to much trouble and her cooking is second to none.We know as she left us some home cooked treats and a Mousaka that was devine.
Cant recommend this property enough,

Your age range 50-64
23 May 2017
My dear Lance and Tracey, thank you both for this wonderful review!!!
Being a hostess was a challenge for me as I wanted to try myself in a completely different field. So I treat my guests in the way I would like to be treated when I'm on holidays!
You are wonderful persons and I'm very glad I met you. Thank you for you respected my home. Hope I ll see you in the future!
carrieyou...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A fantastic holiday cottage!”
Reviewed 14 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Lily’s cottage is a lovely place on a hill on the outskirts of Rethymnon and a relatively short walk away from local shops and tavernas. The centre of Rethymnon is about a 10 – 15 minute drive. It’s an ideal place for some peace and quiet and to recharge one’s batteries.
It’s very obvious from first arrival that the cottage has been crafted with great love, care and attention to detail. It’s very well equipped and provided all the things we look for in a holiday rental (e.g. homely but not cluttered; clean (very clean!); comfortable beds; comfy sofa; good shower; all the dishes, glasses and kit you need for holiday cooking (plus dishwasher); air conditioning; and private outside space). And it’s the garden where the house really scores. The photos only really tell part of the story. The garden is a lovely, colourful, tranquil spot with no overlooking houses. The number of garden chairs in the photos might suggest that it’s a shared space, but no, it’s all for you! Choose a sunny or a shady spot without the inconvenience of moving a chair. Plus there’s a really nice pool (which is 140cm deep).
We’ve visited Crete a few times and this was easily the best accommodation (quality and value) we’ve stayed in.
The owner, Lily was very helpful and friendly without being intrusive and really went out of her way to make us feel welcome, even bringing delicious home made Cretan cuisine to the cottage. Her son George did a great job of discreetly turning up and leaving the pool sparkling clean. Thank you Lily and George for a great holiday. We’ll be back!

17 May 2017
My dear Carrie, what an amazing review! Thank you so much! With your own words you gave the strong advantages of the cottage which is really made of much love and care from me and my son. What we demand from a hommy vacation rental is what we tried to give to our guests. Cleanliness, comfort, tranquility and isolation while its location is very close to the town for those who wish to combine relaxation with fun!
What we strongly believe is that our guests are very special people. They deserve the best included the famous Greek hospitality. So we treat our guests with respect to their needs for isolation and seclusion!
Carrie, you a S David are very special persons. You respected the cottage and you left it as clean as you found it.
Thank you for that and for this wonderful review.
My warmest wishes for a healthy life full of love and happiness!
Wish to see you soon!
236katy89
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A lovely comfortable cottage”
Reviewed 5 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Lily's cottage was lovely, the property felt like home, the beds were comfortable and the decor inside the property was to a very high standard and everything you needed. The garden was lovely lots of flowers and plenty of shady places to sit . Good views to the sea, a very peaceful rural spot but not far from the shops.The pool looked good but as it was April it was too cold for us.

7 May 2017
My dear Irene and David, thank you so much for your nice words about my home..the idea is to make my guests feel like they live in their own home. You were great guests
too with respect to the cottage..
thank you so much again and hope to see you in the future!!
Lily
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing