“Excellent Trip in May 2017”

Stalag Luft III Prisoner Camp Museum
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Zagan
More attraction details
Owner description: POW Camps Museum was built in 1971. It commemorates POW camps set up in Zagan (German Sagan) during WW2. One of them was infamous Stalag Luft 3 for allied airmen known from the mass breakout of 76 prisoners in 1944. The event was immortalized in the 1963 film “The Great Escape”.
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

My son and I made the trip to the Museum and Stalag Luft III in May 2017.My father was a POW in this camp. I can't say enough praise for the dedication and knowledge of the museum staff..especially for the museum director Marek Lazarz. I was so moved that I was prompted to send some of my father's personal items to the museum.
Whether or not you have a personal connection to this camp doesn't matter. It is a tour that cannot be missed.

All reviews
"short walk"
"pine forest"
"escape tunnels"

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This is historical walk dedicated especially to jung generation. Tower, Harry tunel, exhibicion strongly recommended.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Marek, our English tour guide, was engaging and very knowledgeable. The museum is very well set up. Thoroughly enjoyed the tour and the museum. Thanks Marek for your enthusiasm! We, family of 3 (mum, dad and 11 year old son), thought the trip to the museum camp in Zagan, Poland, was well worth it!

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We were part of a coach tour, I found the museum to be so interesting, seeing the remains of the camp and ‘Harry’ was just bringing the whole ‘great escape’ story to life.
We also stopped at the nearby cemetery.
Very moving.