“Wonderful unit at reasonable cost”
other travellers have booked this property
View from Balcony Main Room
Gorgeous Swiming Pool
Gorgeous Swimming Pool
Dinning at the Village Center
Dinning at the Village Center
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
2OldSalts
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful unit at reasonable cost”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

Once we finally arrived, we were delighted to find the renovated unit very clean and a absolutely beautiful view. The proximity to the beach was excellent and no bugs! Very quiet location with an enjoyable walk to Orient Beach. There were a number of other units being remodeled, but we didn't find this to be a noise factor or problem of any kind. Glad to see everyone is making improvements. Hopefully, the exterior of the common areas will be next.

Hard to find a somewhere away from the resort type environment with crowds, where you have peace, quiet AND oceanfront. Wouldn't hesitate to rent this unit again! Enjoy your stay, we did!

SECURITY: We were not out on the beach at night and so I can't elaborate about safety in the evenings along the beach. Safety at Mount Vernon was fabulous. Security was continually walking the parameter and located at the pool to maintain the amenities for "guest only".

GETTING AROUND MT VERNON: Walking in and around the premises does require traversing a number of stairs and hills. Anyone with ADA or special needs might reconsider their stay at Mount Vernon. For myself, recovering from knee surgery, I found myself to be slow, but no problem. Wonderful exercise.

PARKING: We opted for a locked space which saved us the hassle of trying to find a parking space every time we came and went. Well worth it. Fare warning: Driving on the island is like taking your life in your hands. Between the erratic local drivers and motorcycles, it is an experience I will not forget. Rental cars - we returned our jeep for a full enclosure car and were much more comfortable. No problems with security, although we did not leave anything in the car.

POOLS: The pools had been recently resurfaced with a liner product (not a hydrozo finish). However, they were very clean and the water was clear. Lounge decks were spacious with some shade. Lounge pads are needing to be changed; beginning slight mold buildup but for the most part they are fine. Being a private facility, nudity or topless bathers are evident. However, this is not a problem for most people. You are welcome either way.

FURNISHINGS: The bed and recliner chair were very comfortable, futon's I'm not a fan. The industrial style metal chairs intended for sitting and use with the patio table were extremely uncomfortable. We either found ourselves using the bed most of the time or when want to sit outside, used the futon pillows or towels for a cushion. Adding chair pads would reduce the ware on the white bedspread. Loved the full window wall opening.

KITCHEN: Absolutely wonderful. We did purchase a pitcher for beverages and making ice tea (which we left for the next guest) . We also found ourselves making ice cubes from bowls, etc. as there was only 1 very small ice cube tray. White coffee cups seem to stain easily from coffee and tea after setting an hour. There was no dish or hand soap in the unit and although I did buy some, it was not strong enough to get the stains out of the cups. I ended up using some of my travel size "Tide" which worked perfect.

AMMENITIES & ELECTRONICS: Fantastic Wi-Fi service and plenty of outlet adapters, in fact, I left one or two extras. The only problem I had was offsite attempting to make phone calls home from my cell. Yes, I had international service, but still seemed to have difficulty getting service. Transitioned to using texts back and forth, which worked great! AC worked perfectly.

SUGGESTIONS: It was necessary to lock the front door with a key in order to keep the door shut. If a flip over door latch were added to the front door, it wouldn't be necessary to lock the door every time with the key. Or, maybe a deadbolt with a twist lock on the inside.

REFUNDABLE CLEANING DEPOSIT: Checked out on December 14th with flying colors; Paul & Joanna noted on TripAdvisor that our Damage Deposit was being released for refund Dec. 25th. Today is Jan. 30th and we have not yet seen a refund on our credit card. Currently have an email in to TripAdvisor as to the status of our refund. I am confident this is a product of Trip Advisor processing delay and not a delay on the part of the Owner. If I have further problems obtaining my refund, I will make sure to post elsewhere on Trip Advisor. If this is a result of the Owner (which I doubt), I will follow up and update my experience here.

Hope you all enjoy your stay here at this wonderful location.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Island Location & View
Liked least: Security Deposit Delay
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Indianapolis

A romantic getaway
Medford
Reviewed 12 June 2013 for a stay in March 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing