Ways to Experience Orient Bay Beach
from US$50.00
from US$45.00
from US$100.00
4,690 results
All reviews water sports people watching bars and restaurants nude side south end an umbrella topless women white sand beautiful water chairs and umbrellas kite surfing cruise ship clear water st martin jet skiing la playa food and drinks
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Orient Beach's natural beauty survived Irma and Marie but many of the bars/bistros and shops along the beach did not. This leaves the beach currently much wider. The clothing optional resort Club Orient was essentially destroyed.
Nevertheless, the amenities are being rebuilt and the clothing OPTIONAL section of Orient Bay Beach is sill alive and well if less populated.
Club O plans to rebuild and will be welcomed by its devotees. My guess having seen the destruction is that it will not be ready for business until 2019.
In the mean time, the beach is welcoming and reopening for business.

6  Thank Ray T
Reviewed 23 April 2018

First thing to know is that Club Orient is effectively destroyed, and it will take some time to recover. The shared facilities are either gone or sustained major damage. For the lodging facilities, all furniture, fixtures, equipment is all gone. For most, windows, roof, doors etc. are also gone. Some have been moved off their concrete slab, or have disappeared.

But if you turn around, the water is still beautiful, people are still naked, and a good time can be had.

We visited three times. There are chairs and umbrellas for rent ($18 for two chairs and an umbrella), they start to go up around 9-9:30 and taken down around 3:30 - 4:00 (island time).

The beach itself has soft off white sand, and is relatively clean of natural debris and very clean of trash. I did go snorkeling and saw conduit, plastic pipes, wire and other construction debris that had been swept into the ocean, but it was all in water 10' deep or more. Saw about 5 varieties of fish about on the clear day.

It was extremely windy (20-25 mph winds) when we were there. Bad for snorkelin but great for kitesurfing. There were 10-15 out on the water, and they provided entertainment for the entire day.

It is a bit hard to find now, the sign of the main road is easy to miss, and then the sign to the beach is easy to miss. half the road is in OK shape, and the other half is sand/gravel, very bumpy and potholed. Parking is on sand next to some of the destroyed villas. Don't follow the signs for taxis.

There is a small beach bar and grill with cold drinks and hot food. There is also a massage hut. There are supposedly restrooms but we did not look for them.

The rest of the Orient Bay seemed to sustain at least as much damage to structures, but there are bars, grills and vendors showing up.

There were about 60 people at the beach, about 80% fully nude. Cruise ship gawkers showed up from time to time, but did not bother anyone.

I think you should best approach treating this as a beach that is just emerging from a wild state.

We will be back and wish the ownership of Club Orient all the best in rebuilding.

3  Thank mateodasilva
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

We came her for a day when our cruise ship, Adventure of the Seas ported in Philipsburg St. Martin. The taxi was 8 dollars per person each way not including a tip. The taxi took about 20 minutes. Due to the hurricane I don’t believe there were any functioning hotels on orient bay beach. The building were all crumpled and boarded up and gutted. I had not been there prior to the storm so I can’t say much more about that. Orient Bay Beach club did have chairs to rent with an umbrella for 18 dollars. We didn’t end up doing that but were very happy in the sand. We were on the nude side but walked over to the prude side which was very similar. There were a few places to eat- orient bay beach club and Chez Leandreas. We are at Chez Leandras for lunch and and it was very good and was 24 dollars not including tip for 2 people. The water color here is unbelievably clear. I felt like I was snorkeling because there were so many colorful fish I could see. The sand was soft and nice- not powder but really perfect. I know people are hesitant about coming here since the hurricane, but if you come for a day on a cruise ship I would highly recommend this beach. It’s stunning and perfect.

5  Thank Matt5508
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped by Orient early in our trip and were gobsmacked by the damage wrought by Irma.

Iorient Beach is now just a strip of sand.

No beach chairs, umbrellas, water sports rentals, beach bars, restaurants. It’s all just gone.

We thought a bulldozer or three had been in to clear up wrecked buildings. According to locals, the devastation was caused solely by the storm surge. Which pulled everything into the sea.

Mind numbing as to imagine how much force it would take to eradicate so many businesses.

Photos taken from what used to be bikini beach. Nothing left. 1st photo looking S towards Kon Tiki. Photos 2&3 looking north towards Waikiki.

The good news. The water was still as inviting and the kite surfers had the bay to themselves

Heart breaking.

1  Thank coachmccue
Reviewed 17 April 2018

My family went to the beach in mid April 2018. Almost all the bars, restaurants and hotels have been totally destroyed. I want to go back ASAP to help support the restoration. There were many umbrellas at what is left of Club Orient with many sunbathers. Everyone that has ever visited Orient Beach needs to return. The beach is still as beautiful as every with the water and waves lapping on the shore as ever. I rented a few umbrellas and chairs and was serviced by someone with drinks who lost there building. They now work out of a container. The locals still ply the beach selling their chains, necklaces and clothing. There is a restaurant "Alamanda" on the beach selling food and drinks and have lodging. Please return and support the come back.

1  Thank 723brian