Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Book in advance
from
$77.12
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Meteora
from $195.30
5,575 results
All reviews monasteries perched out of this world amazing place bucket list holy trinity two days day trip worth the trip breathtaking views tour buses on the rocks dress code your eyes sunset tour greece mountains athens
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2019

Hello
Some time ago, I was in Meteora.
If I were you, rent a car to get to visit at least 3 of the 6 monasteries.
Varlam, Rousanou and Holy Trinity.
As far I am concerned that Grand Meteora is the most famous, because it is the hightest, but I had to select some of them, I'd tell you the previous ones.

The best things are views and if it is possible, ennoy the sunsets, is the most incredible.

please, watch the photos I publish.

Thanks

Best Regards

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank koldo k
Reviewed 24 October 2019 via mobile

Well tis is a site which should not be missed ehen visiting north greece.
The whole area surrounding all the monasteries is breathtaking.
We visited two of them, ee were very impressed to hear the history of the monks and nuns, construing and maintining these sites till today with all obstructions involved ( more in the past).
It is a must.

Reviewed 23 October 2019 via mobile

It was quite a long trip (4.5 hrs train each way) from Athens but I was so glad I made it. Meteora was so breathtakingly beautiful, majestic and stunning!!

Reviewed 22 October 2019

We bought a 2 night stay combo tour (Delphi ruins and Meteora) from getyourguide by bus. Its a 7-8 hour ride with stops. Afraid to get lost in the train.
Meteora is one of the largest and most significant complexes of orthodox monasteries in Greece. We had the opportunity to visit 3 out of the 6 monasteries in this area, exploring the interior inside three of them. The views of the Meteora cliffs are stunning and heavenly. Highly recommend for everyone's bucket list to see. I was in awe! Read the dress code otherwise, you wont be able to get inside the monastery

2  Thank Joyjosh04
Reviewed 21 October 2019 via mobile

It would be a shame if you do not visit this area while you are in Greece. It was absolutely amazing and one of my favorite parts & sites that’s why we were traveling through Greece.

2  Thank Citygalfromthefarm