“Perfect for our needs”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Arlington House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Rear patio in sun
Local wildlife
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Chloe J
“Amazing Property, Aggressive Landlord!”
Reviewed 10 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Arlington House was one of the most beautiful houses we’ve ever stayed in. Location was tranquil, house was huge and the garden space was lovely to use. Our group arrived and were instantly amazed by the property. We stayed 3 nights in total and could have easily stayed another 3 more. However, with no unkind remark against the property – I have to say that the landlord and neighbours were not ideal. We had a noise complaint for playing Frisbee in the garden at 5:30pm – so I would not recommend to those who want to use the garden to play in, especially if you have children who make noise. Also, we were an hour late checking out and before I could apologise to the landlord who turned up as we were packing, he started shouted at us telling us to get out of his house. Upset by this we all quickly left and unfortunately a guest left her ring in the shower. When we returned to ask for the ring back, the landlord told us to “F**k off” and we even felt quite threatened when he said “Go on, are you trying to make me angry?” I have never seen such hostile or unacceptable behaviour from a man who was three times our age – really dampened the whole experience. Nonetheless, the house was amazing – just be prepared to deal with an unkind owner.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
12 May 2017
I arrived at the property at 11.30am to find the gates barred, with 5 cars in the drive plus a large van parked outside the front door. Check out was supposed to be 10am. I entered the house, all the lights were still on, someone was asleep on the sofa in the lounge and numerous people were asleep upstairs. The guests were definately not packing when I arrived, they were sound asleep, no doubt hungover. It was obvious that Chloe had hosted a large scale party, there were stains all over the wooden floors and the kitchen was filthy. I had been led to believe that 6 guests were staying at the house and in our on-line conversations no mention had been made of Chloe hosting a party. The house has considerable sentimental value to me so I did become upset and angry when I saw the mess and damage to the house and contents. Outside there were cigarette/reefer butts all over the patio and porch and I could not believe the amount of drinks cans and bottles. These had been left in 10+ bin bags with all the other waste, no effort to separate them for recycling. I had to spend 4 hours going through the bags to take out the drinks cans, bottles and plastic so that all the other waste would fit into the wheelie bin.
Thankfully this was my first really bad experience in over 3 years and to be fair, Chloe did agree for the £125 deposit to be retained.
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 11 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Mary K
“Charming Cotswold House in stunning location”
Reviewed 31 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

The house is light, very roomy and comfortable with a beautiful garden. Amazing walks straight from the door. Lots to do in the village and nearby. A week wasn't long enough to do everything we wanted to do. Convenient for shopping for groceries in Bourton on the water or Stow. We had a really good lunch at the Manor hotel in Lower Slaughter. Can't wait to come back to this very special house.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Ian T
“A wonderful home away from home.”
Reviewed 15 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Took my fiancee and friends here to celebrate her birthday. A wonderful place to stay with everything you need. Will certainly be back again. Sooner rather than later!!

Sarahfoxz...
“Beautiful country home”
Reviewed 12 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We had an amazing couple of days in this beautiful Cotswolds home. The house is immaculate, well furnished and very comfortable. The wood burner in the lounge generates all the heat needed when the weather turns icy. The 3 bedrooms upstairs are beautiful with exceptionally comfortable beds! There is a beautiful full bathroom upstairs with a lovely claw foot bath tub and a great shower! The large kitchen downstairs is well equipped to whip up whatever your heart desires! My two boys loved running around in the spacious garden.

We loved going into Bourton on the Water which was a 20 minute walk from the house to feed the ducks and stroll the beautiful old streets.

This home is magical and we will definitely return soon!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing