All reviews bit frustrating outdoor bath sensoji temple asakusa line free bottle tight fit efficient hotel sumida river walking distance cotton buds rooms are small comfortable bed minute walk family mart convenient location metro station vending machine
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

I arrived earlier and left my bag at front desk. I was unable to do preregistration, it was not bad when I came back to the hotel to do so. Payment and activate keycard need to do it through machines. One restaurant at lobby area serving breakfast and dinner. I was staying on 12 floor, the cleanliness was poor and dust piling up on wall. Onsen is good just located on the same floor where I stay. Vending machine is out of order. Room is small but bareable for 1 however I love the location as it close subway station and restaurants.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Staying at level 5 in smoking room
- Room is very small, no space for luggage, but everything you need is there
- The smoke smell is very strong but there’s an air filter, that helps clear the air
- AC works great!
- Bed is soft, but pillow very small
- The room amenities are very nice, they even provide hair ties. The shampoo goes well with my hair
- Despite the small bathroom, I really really like it. Easy to use, great water pressure, and the temperature is easy to tweak

Hotel Facilities
- The front of the hotel is stairs, but the back door does not have stairs
- There’s a public bath, which i did not go, since i have tattoos
- On the 12th floor there’s the laundry and dryer machine that only accepts 100yen coins, sadly no coin changer to be found
- There’s also a microwave, ice dispenser and a vending machine on the 12th floor
- VOD machine and trouser press on every floor

Surroundings
- There’s a 7-11 right across
- Right in front is a bus stop for bus no. 42
- Restaurants nearby
- 10min walk to asakusa station

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Room is clean & convenience
Staffs are as nice and professionalism
Restaurant (ground floor) have a taste good.
Good spa.

only 1 comment need to be improved that the way in-out of hotel is no slope way, just only have the big stair that make it hard for push or drag the big luggage that's all.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We were incredibly disappointed in this hotel considering it’s reputable brand and the other reviews it had.
Firstly, despite booking a ‘small double room’ we expected a normal sized double bed and to be able to move in our room, however, the bed was more like a single and with my boyfriend being 6ft+ it was impossible for us both to sleep comfortably. We also struggled to fit our 2 suitcases in the room never mind be able to move and unpack.
The shower was more like a large bath which made the entire bathroom and everything in it completely wet through each time it was used.
The breakfast again was in my opinion completely unsatisfactory for a hotel of this size and standard. There was barely any western style breakfast options other than a few stale bread rolls and eggs. There was no fresh fruit, cereals or pastry selection which the pictures in the hotel seemed to suggest and each day I struggled to find anything that I could enjoy. If we had known this is what the breakfast consisted of we would never have paid to have this included!
Finally, the staff at this hotel were simply unhelpful. We asked a few small requests of them, such as to use the spa/onsen on the day we checked out before our flight and instead of trying to reason with us they simply said ‘no’, we were in shock at their rudeness as we never expected this response from staff at a hotel chain with a reputation like this. This meant we had to check out at 11am and walk round Tokyo in 30 degree heat without any facilities to freshen up before our flight later that day.
Overall left very disappointed and will not staying at an APA hotel again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Georgia B
Reviewed 31 May 2018

As with many budget type hotels, the room is very cozy. Everything is a tight fit. But the location is superb. It's close to the train station and you can walk to Sensoji-Temple within 10 minutes. Right across the street is a 7 Eleven for all your needs (well, except hairspray). The staff speaks English and there were many international travelers staying at the hotel.

Did I mention the bathroom is also really a tight fit? There is a slight step up into the small bathroom. It may take a little time to figure out how to use the single faucet which is used for small basin, bath tub, and shower. The tub is Japanese style, narrow but deep. But the whole point of staying at this hotel was the grand bath on the 12th floor. Now, this is Japanese style and you will be naked with a bunch of other people. But it's spacious, the water temperature was great, and the outdoor bath had some great views. Ease away your aches by soaking in the communal bath. I did, twice a day. Please follow the rules and thoroughly wash yourselves first before entering the bath. You will need to take your own towels from your room up to the grand bath.

One last thing to mention is that the APA Eco Action tag is mis-translated. They WILL change towels and robes, and empty the trashcan if you hang the tag. They will not change your sheets.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo