“Great seafood place, make a reservation”
Review of Kaikaya

Kaikaya
Ranked #13 of 9,171 Restaurants in Shibuya
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shibuya, Harajuku, Ebisu
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Came here for a seafood dinner and was not disappointed. It is about a 10 minute walk from shibuya station.

Ordered the menu set and it was great, the sashimi was amazing, as was the first appetizer. All the food was great. They have a wonderful assortment of Sake and would definitely recommend getting a glass or two to try different ones. The one I tried was wonderful and had a taste I have never experienced before with Sake.

My only complaint about the place was that I was seated right beside the entrance and there were constantly people opening the door to try and get a walk in table... (none were successful, if you want to eat here a reservation is a must)
This and after the first 3-4 dishes came there was then about a 30 minute wait until the next arrived. The table next to us received 3 - 4 dishes consecutively and were overwhelmed. This seems to be something they struggle with getting the dishes to you in an appropriate time.

I was in the non-smoking side, they seem to have 2 restaurants, one smoking and one non-smoking.

I would definitely eat here again, but would opt to do the A-la- carte option as some of the set menu dishes I could have done without.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Dangei

Reviewed 4 April 2017

We stormed in, five people, no reservation and a full restaurant. A friendly waiter got us a small but sufficiently large table. To make life easier we ordered a menue and beer galore, what a wonderful meal. And the place is fun. OK, it is a bit touristy but so are those restaurants in Tokyo that show their menues in English, a pity that all don't do it, I am sure that means many missed wonderful meals. But this was a superb meal, even with an English menue..

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 28 March 2017

This so small restraunt serve very very very yammy dish. course is perfect. from starter to main & desert.
But it's so small place & so loud & smoking...not good.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We ate dinner and ordered the medium combo. As an aftermath we should try to largest combo, 12 dishes?, due to variety. The portion is good for the smallest combo but it the variety we would recommend. If you order it yourself for the first time, you probably won't be bold enough to order some of the dishes. Make a reservation and they do not rush customers to finish by certain time. Tea is free which also tastes the best.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

How can we book a table?! We arrive on the 5th of April and we want to have dinner after our flight as we will arrive tired and want to grab a good bite in a casual atmosphere
I rated the place just to be able to submit my question, kindly help

Date of visit: March 2017
16  Thank farahasmar

Been to Kaikaya? Share your experiences!