“Best breakfast ever”

Cuisines: Sushi
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed 18 September 2018

We didn't have it in us to visit the fish market at some ungodly hour so we did the next best thing - went there for breakfast. After walking around the few narrow lanes we ended up at Yamazaki & it didn't disappoint.
We got the Omakase(11 pieces) and a assortment of other Nigiris. They were all great. The fatty tuna and Uni in particular were awesome. My wife liked the mackeral and my son devoured all of the salmon we had ordered.
The chefs are friendly and patient with tourists which is greta because it could get overwhelming if you don't know what you want. I'd definitely go back there on my next visit.

1  Thank dumma_mysore

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Yamazaki never disappoints me. Those who didn’t have a good experience because shokunins weren’t chatty, let me remind you, they are there to entertain guests by the food they produce, not by their talks. Or if you really want to chat with the, why not learn Japanese? Then again, I speak Japanese but they just focus on serving the best sushi. That’s how shokunins work.

1  Thank Pekkopen
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

U will get a different treatment!

Waited about 20 min to get in...very small place...chef spoke English but preferred to be silent...Japanese people got Sushi served one piece after the other...we got a whole plate put in front of us ...voila...now...eat!
Oh well...
Sushi was good, but there are other places in this neighborhood where the service and the Sushi is better

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Went here on a Friday morning at around 7. Waited for about one hour, during which we were served tea. Very pleasant staff.
I had the Omakase, with 11 small dishes for 5000JPY. Paid in cash. See some of the other pictures here for their craftsmanship.
Freshest fish I have ever had. Absolutely exquisite.

4  Thank klamertje
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Went there at 5am, no need to queue like in neighbor restaurants and had an amazing food experience. Staff is great and friendly and will give good advices. Sushis were top quality. Will definitely go back.

2  Thank Julienhk