All reviews washing machine daimaru department store full kitchen rice cooker studio apartment building lobby serviced residence yaesu north exit amazing apartment combination washer dryer sized refrigerator crockery and cutlery purchased separately hour reception excellent gym continental breakfast toiletry items
Reviewed 16 December 2017

After arriving at Tokyo Station from Narita on the N'EX, we became hopelessly lost trying to make our way to the Yaesu Exit - easy once we found it (could have had something to do with our tiredness as we had left home over 14 hrs earlier). We never had any further problems during our following days of sight seeing.

I wanted this location to take advantage of the transport proximity, accessing transport arriving & departing Tokyo (by Shinkansen to Kyoto). It was almost adjacent to Daimaru where we could pick up our food from the Food Basement levels. There were also amazing dining places inside the Station building.

We stayed 6 nights in our booked room of a ‘Superior Studio (Shower Booth)’. The storage space was enormous & we were able to unpack & even put our luggage bags away in the cupboard.

The pre-check-in email correspondence from Yumiko in reservations was very helpful.

We took advantage of the ‘Grab & Go’ Breakfast on one morning when we had to leave early – a great idea.

The washer/dryer was great. Due to the length of the drying cycle, I extracted our washed clothes & dried them off in the bathroom. I would have liked a tea towel in the kitchen.

All staff were professional, friendly & helpful. I dealt mainly with Fuuka & Mr Yamamoto. Thank you. We felt like we were in our ‘home away from home’.

A great stay – I look forward to staying again (hopefully sooner than later ).

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank timbertoby
OakwoodGM, 支配人 at Oakwood Premier Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience on Tripadvisor in detail. We are thrilled to hear that you liked our location conveneient for public transportation, shopping and dining, and our spacious rooms that are designed for extended stays. One suggestion for your future visit - Airport Limousine Bus stop is located on ground level of our building with convenient access to Narita and Haneda Airports, no hassle with hauling luggage thru huge Tokyo Station! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oakwood Premier Tokyo.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I loved Premier Oakwood Tokyo. My partner and I stayed at a “Superior One Bedroom” for 2 nights at the end of 2 weeks trip in Japan. The unit is basically a furnished modern apartment in the US — a king size bed, fully equipped kitchen, washer and dryer, etc.. I didn’t feel “Japan” here, but it was fine with us because we were mostly outside during the day. I loved the spaciousness especially because we had lots of stuff with us. I will be happy to stay again when we visit Japan next time.

LOCATION:
Excellent. It’s right next to Tokyo station. Daimaru department store is even closer. Depa-chika, which means the basement of the department store, where you can buy ALL kinds of food including food to go. It’s always fun to go to depa-chika.

Airport Limousine comes to the 1st floor of the building, which was convenient for us as we headed for Narita with lots of luggage.

ROOM:
Spacious and functional. Tons of storage. Nice king size bed. Floor-to-ceiling windows in the bed room. A rainfall shower and hand shower but no bathtub. Fully equipped kitchen. Washer and dryer.

SERVICE:
Great! Everybody was efficient, flexible and helpful.

FOOD:
Nothing special. They do simple breakfast buffet at the lounge, but I didn’t care for it. I wish there was Japanese food. But I liked the lounge itself though.

Room tip: Superior One Bedroom has rainfall and hand showers but no bathtub.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your expereience on Tripadvisor. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our location, facility and service. We would certainly love to have you back for your next visit to Tokyo.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Spent 5 days at this very convenient, very new hotel just steps away from Tokyo station. Bed was very comfortable, nice size room. I lucked into a free upgrade, with a full kitchen and separate sitting room. Decor was modern and room was spotless. Bathroom was small, with shower only-no bath. This was fine by me, and the shower was nice, and modern. Toilet was a high end, heated, automatic model.

Being adjacent to Tokyo station meant bever having to wait for a taxi.

Staff, as I expect in Japanese hotels, was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

The only weakness was the bar and restaurant. Breakfast was very poor, and drink selection was negligeable. Breakfast was compensated by having, believe it ir not, an outpost of the classic NYC breakfast/lunch spot, Sarabeth’s, in the same building!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank KenG164
OakwoodGM, 支配人 at Oakwood Premier Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and also taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the information you provided as they will certainly assist us in our attempt to improve our products and service standards. We appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming back to Oakwood Premier Tokyo in the near future.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

stayed here for a weekend
2 mins to Daimaru
5 mins to tokyo station platform

All walking distance
The size of room is optimal, washing machine, oven, toaster, fridge - all are in good condition.

Will stay in again when visit Tokyo

Room tip: close and nearby Tokyo station
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
OakwoodPremierTokyo, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

We are one of the few serviced apartments that accept nightly stays in Tokyo which provide fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities in each unit, and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The location, as you stated, is very convenient for shopping, dining and public transportation, including the Airport Limousines Bus terminal located in the same building.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

My wife and I stayed at a 1-bedroom apartment for 1 week in November, and both the apartment and the location are excellent.

Apartment
It is very modern, clean with daily maid service. Everything is beautiful and the stuff is very nice and helpful. I highly recommend staying here.

Location
The apartment is located right next to Tokyo station. So if you take the Narita express from the airport, you can walk from Tokyo station to Oakwood. Right new to Oakwood is a very good 24/7 convenience store (Lawson) where you can buy anything you like. A few minutes a away is department store (Daimaru) with a good basement food court. On the western side of Tokyo station are a couple of very good restaurants on top of buildings (Kitte, Marunouchi, Shin-Marunouchi) that are worth exploring. We had very good authentic Japanese food there. On the eastern side, Takashimaya (the grand old lady of department stores) is also worth exploring, although it is not as posh as it used to be.

Connections
Public transportation could not be easier. You can take the Yamanote train from Tokyo station (which goes around Tokyo), and takes you to many good places (Ebisu, Shibuya, Shinjuku, etc.) and there are several subway stations within short walking distance.

1  Thank 345lex

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your detailed experience from your stay.

Pleased to hear that you particularly liked our location where ample dining and shopping are available within walking distance. I would also like to recommend the side streets across the street from us where you will find many family run authentic Japanese restaurants and pubs. You will see many business people hang out in these establishments and I am sure will be something of an interest to international visitors.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.