All reviews amusement park great location korakuen suitcases bed shower station subway tokyo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I spent two nights here, and what can one say, really. It's a Toyoko Inn, which means a clean and cheap (but small) room, and a little bit of very basic breakfast thrown in. The internet was also free and fast enough. For 7,000 yen or so I cannot complain.

Good stuff: Wonderful location - I got there in the middle of a snowstorm, so glad to find out it was right opposite an underground station access passage exit. Lots of nearby food; two 24 hour convenience stores and a cheap Saizeriya (Italian-ish) chain less than a minute away, along with a number of other restaurants.

Bad stuff: My room was non-smoking, but not the floor. The two rooms nearest the lift, it seemed, were smoking, making the corridor a bit smelly. No heating in the bathroom, so showers were a little cold.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Throughly enjoyed my stay here.
The location was excellent. Very close to Toyko Dome and across the road from a metro station.
Hotel was very clean and encountered no problems during our stay.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 6 August 2012

C+ because it's so cramped (at least for the average sized Westerner), but A+ in other areas -- very well designed, immaculate, across the street from one subway station (Namboku and Mita lines) and a block from the major Korakuen station. They even provide you with a nightshirt. Japanese breakfast included, too. There's a hot water machine in the room, but bring your own tea bag. Hair dryers, shampoo, also provided. Because it's so economical and convenient it's always booked pretty far in advance, so give yourself lots of lag time. No restaurant, but there's a takeout place a couple steps away, an inexpensive Italian place a couple steps in the other direction, and an izakaya across the street.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Stayed there often few years back, used our member card & updated it when we went on business trip in Tokyo or visited my brother when he studied in Tokyo. Great place because so near to the Tokyo Dome for sight seeing, had fast lunch like McD or even Japanese Ramen Ichiran & there was a convinient store nearby (but is not there anymore if I remember correctly), also there is a book store nearby, which I bought some architecture & plantation books or fashion magazines.
-Finding the exit was kind of difficult at first but get used to it.
-Room just nice, neat, clean, room vs value is just right.
-Breakfast nothing special but for fastbreak business people, its acceptable.
-Just not satisfied that front officers cant understand english well because I realized more & more international people staying there.
-Still remember nice songs all the time I took the lift
-A nice bread store next door was nice

Hope can stay there again next time!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2010

2nd trip to Tokyo and I picked the location for its good access to all parts of the city. Shinjuku, Ikebukuro and Akihabara were all just 15 min away. It is a budget hotel and I was surprised what I got for the low rate. There was a basic continental breakfast included. Free wifi in the lobby. The room was typical Japanese small size but with a larger than expected bed. Basic English spoken at the front desk, which is all I needed, and they were polite about my attempts to speak Japanese. They still gave me a discount for being eco friendly (not having towels changed daily) and organised overnight delivery of my suitcase to my next hotel while I traveled with just a day pack. I plan to take my 10 year old son back there next year when I show him Japan. He will love the near by amusement park at Tokyo Dome. Cheers

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo