1,667 results
All reviews hot springs the river alpaca farm one night hot pools beautiful location dining rooms two nights spring pools long drive main building thermal baths milky way stayed longer relaxing stay underfloor heating late afternoon
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Colca Lodge is one of the nicest settings that I have had the privilege of staying at. Wherever one looked the views were stunning, the accomodation was excellent and the staff were brilliant. I could find no fault with this complex and would thoroughly recommend it

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RenzoMorante, Gerente at Colca Lodge Spa & Hot Springs - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending us, we are glad you enjoy your stay with us.

Thank you for recommending us!

Regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

You can’t deny this is in a lovely setting. Set in a gorge with river through the grounds, the natural hot springs which the hotel makes full use of and so can you free of charge.
The rooms are small and fill with tiny flies in no time at all.
Like most hotels in Peru lighting is poor in the rooms. The only plug socket in the room is situated in the bathroom.
The hotel is situated well away from anywhere so you have to eat on the restaurant which they take full advantage of by charging high prices and small portions. My wife and I both ordered the chicken breast in mushroom sauce with Andean fired potato’s. the chicken was dry but the sauce was good. I could not eat my chips as they where covered in salt. We got away lightly as someone else had chicken which was not cooked. I had to ask three times a drink to go with dinner.
Breakfast was a buffet, nothing special, adequate. You can order any type of cooked eggs so I ordered poached but by the time they reached me they were over cooked and rubbery.
Get a new chef and replace some of the staff and install more electric sockets in the rooms and this could be a half decent establishment.
Sorry but I won’t recommend anyone to go there even for one night.

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

This property is located in a stunningly beautiful setting with expansive grounds, a small stream, and of course the hot springs. The breakfast buffet and the food in the restaurant were quite good. The rooms are quite large and attractively designed. The property is heated geothermally, which might appeal to the environmentally conscious, but has the drawback of affording little control over the temperature. While the wood and ceramic floors are heated, this can result in an overly warm room. Some guests requested that the geothermal heating be shut off 3 hours prior to sleeping, as it takes that long to shut it down. Many guests complained about insects invading their bathrooms through the poorly fitting windows, but we were fortunately enough to have just a few dead gnats scattered about. The beds were rather hard and somewhat uncomfortable.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2018

A lovely hotel in a beautiful location. Alpaca, Llama and Condor information given at the small farm across the river which is reached by a suspension bridge - bridge not to everybody’s liking! Would recommend visiting this information block before going to see the Condors flyng. Good menu choices and food cooked and presented well. Friendly staff with most, but not all, speakng English. Only draw back is part of the road from Chivay to the hotel is very rough but the majority of it is tarnac. Different temperature hot spring tubs. Rooms located in garden setting very comfortable. Country location just outside Chivay.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the gardens and some towards the river but no view of the river.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
RenzoMorante, Gerente at Colca Lodge Spa & Hot Springs - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank your for your comments a nice description of some of our activities like the Rancho Alpaca and hot springs. We are glad you enjoy your stay with us.

Regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I don’t think I’ve ever given a 1 star review but this place was awful in every way! When we arrived the manager told us that the area had no stores or restaurants. I can only imagine he wanted us to eat and purchase everything at the resort. The nearby city of Chivay has at least 25 of each. The construction is very poor and allowed thousands of small bugs in the room. The service at dinner was horrible. We waited 1 hour between dinner and dessert. A large party came in for dinner and the entire staff abandoned us and then disappeared completely. Finally some random guy showed up to help us. We stayed 3 nights and breakfast was awful. They have an omlet station but I never saw anyone actually working it. When I checked out I was charged a second time for a bar bill. I paid my bar bills every night in cash but I made the mistake of signing one so they just kept the cash and charged me a second time. When I checked out and told them about all these issues they didn’t care at all and offered no solution. Colca Canyon is a beautiful place but I think you can find a much better place. I can’t imagine how anyone would have anything good to say about this place. I’ve travel all around the world and this is easily one of the worst places I’ve ever stayed.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C4701FQjeffs

Dear Guest,

We respect your comments but totally disagree with them; and we are not the only ones! As anybody checking TripAdvisor the same day you posted your comment, we received another 4 reviews, and all are 5 star, We imagine you wrote this comment being very upset. As we already wrote you, following our procedures, we reviewed the bar cameras and found out that you just signed your bill. There was no cash payment as you wrongly state. It surprised us that during your three night stay you did not complain about any of this issues that upset you. You could even had requested an early check out.
We appreciate all of our clients comments that help us improve our service, when they are done in an objetive way. It is not the case when comments are written in a bad way, just to damage our reputation, We encourage Trip Advisor users to review all comments included in this page in order to get a correct image from our hotel and services.