“Inexperienced waiter / hygiene issue”

Fishland Bar & Restaurant, Colva
Ranked #24 of 116 Restaurants in Colva
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We ordered a cocktail and asked our waiter to come back later to take our food order, despite the fact that he wanted it there and then. He come back and we ordered starter and mains. He brought them together, serving the rice with his thumb in the bowl. We explained that we wanted our starter (the clue being in the name) first, and not to serve our food with his thumb in the bowl. After arguing if he took the main away. When. He bought it back (cream on top congealed where it had been kept warm he then served the rice again with his thumb in the bowl. Eventually he understood it was not hygienic and brought fresh rice with the bowl on a plate, and we thought he had finally got the message. He then served the table next to us with his thumb in someone else’s food! Food was mediocre, possibly because it wasn’t fresh when we got it. We won’t go back.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank LozM

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Came here to lunch today. Not busy time. The staff is just like before - polite, smiley and friendly, we got a very personalized service as always. The food is delicious no lie!! I'm such a picky eater and usually don't like one or another but here today I ate everything!! Firstly, my mojito was excellent: minty with an exact amount of alcohol to be refreshing. We ordered rawa fry mussels, shrimp rechado masala fry (for my husband) and butter chicken with garlic naan. Mussels tasted so good that I literally them up in seconds. I don't like the texture of shrimp meat, especially spicy, but this dish amazed me: fresh, tender and the masala spice was not covering up the flavor of the shrimp itself which is exactly what I like. Our plates were taken away clean! Cheers to the chef! Also our waiter Roni (hope I got it right) was exceptional: very friendly, skillful and attentive. Thank you!
We're coming back for more goodness!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Very delicious food and friendly staff and friendly and not expensive at all definitely worth a visit

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 30 December 2017

Went to fishland for dinner on our last night in Goa. The seating is varied, outside, insdie and halfway too. You can sit in the sand but no view to the beach. We had grilled prawns and fish masala. Very nice. Service not bad as they are really busy. That is with all restaurants in the Colva/Benaulim area.Good value for money. Would visit again.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We dined there tonight and had some of the best food we’ve had in Goa yet. This place has great service, the staff are very friendly and not at all pushy. The restaurant is very clean and the place has a really chilled vibe. We had the prawn curry, sausage naan, cheese garlic naan and the star of the show was the mutton masala. Everything was delicious and generous portions. The bill including drinks was just 1200 rupees so incredibly reasonable. I would happily eat here again and highly recommend it.

Date of visit: November 2017