Can Mora B&B(Vilassar de Mar)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We were staying here to relax away from Barcelona but still have easy access to the city and the Grand Prix . Nice Town, Nice Hotel and Good staff. But we were very pissed off to find we had been overcharged by 50 Euro on our Euro dollar travel card. Be very careful if you are paying by travel card as they still exchange the Euro currency at their own rate back to Australian dollars. We tried getting a refund for the overcharge but they do not appear to understand or accept the problem. So really cannot recommend this place. We spent six weeks in Switzerland, France and Spain and this was the only place that did this kind of rip off.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank columbusmarine
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

The Hotel Vilassar is a perfectly pleasant little hotel, 5 minutes stroll from the coast.

The reception staff were helpful although few spoke any English.

The air conditioned room was small but clean and modern. If had a large bathroom and decent, free WIFI.

Free street parking is available outside the hotel.

There were no tea making facilities in the room and it was a bit on the small size.

The gym was small and equipped with a few cheap machines.

The breakfast room was small and the offerings were very disappointing. We stuck to cereal and toast as the cold meat, muffins, scrambled egg and fruit all looked a bit ragged to say the least.

There is no restaurant in the hotel. We were directed to a sister hotel a few streets away but although cheap, the menu looked a bit too exotic for me let alone my fussy 11 year old.

There is also no pool. Again we were directed to the sister hotel for this.

Vilassar de Mar itself is a proper little residential Spanish town with not much going on. We struggled to find anything to do and there are practically no places to eat (we ended up having cheese rolls from the little supermarket).

I stay in a lot of hotels in the UK and in comparison I feel £400 for 3 nights here was £200 too much.

We chose it as a base to get to the Spanish GP by car and it served this purpose but with hindsight I would have rather stayed in the city and used the train.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Pcukclif
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed in this charming hotel in a lovely city as a get away from everything with my boyfriend and loved it. The room was great, super breakfast every morning. Very clean and fresh and the staff was very helpful. The beds were a bit hard for our taste though! The beach nearby is fantastic and there is a pool at Vilassar apartments 5min walk away that you can use. In the same place they have a restaurant with really nice food.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank macho_jojo
Reviewed 29 February 2012

The Hotel Vilassar was my base for a week of business meetings near Barcelona. The hotel was not crowded as it was the offseason for tourists but the staff was very attentive and helpful. Good breakfast that they prepared even earlier than usual to accomodate my schedule. The rooms were reasonable size and very clean. The Wifi was also very strong(important for many people). The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the beach in Vilassar Del Mar and has some good restaurants close-by as well. Also the train station near the beach takes you directly into Barcelona at a good price. Overall, this is a very good option for business or pleasure if you don't want to stay in the city but want easy access.

Room Tip: There are a couple rooms with a balcony. Try to request one of those.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank moyer981
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at the apartments for 3 nights when visiting my daughter, who just had a baby.
For a Christmas present, she booked an apartment for me to stay in as her loft is very small.
The bed is huge, the patio is lovely, and there is a very nice kitchenette. The living room is tiny but has a nice TV. My only issue is that the heat duct in the bedroom is over the bed and "in your face" all night.
I would definately recommend the apartment as it is only 20 minutes train to BCN ina very nice suburb of BCN.
Grandma