“Amazing vacation”
other travellers have booked this property
Pool with swim up bar, covered lanai and manicured grounds.
Swimming pool, lanai and garden Pool bar and acces to the beach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Pool with swim up bar, covered lanai and manicured grounds.
Swimming pool, lanai and garden
Pool bar and acces to the beach
Wooden deck overlooking the beach
Property view from the deck
Lanai and swimming pool
Patio
Dining by the pool
Rooms with AC
Master bedroom
Master bedroom with big closet
Second bedroom
Second bedroom
Second bedroom with shared bathroom
Third bedroom with shared bathroom
Third bedroom
Sunrise at Playa Dorada
Sunset at Playa Dorada
Delicious food prepared by Ana
Baby turtle at Playa Dorada
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Pugmom112
“Amazing vacation”
Reviewed 3 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

My family and I had the pleasure of staying at Casa Tortuga from May 25th to May 27th. From the beginning of the booking process, Marius was so helpful in the booking process and answering any questions I had. Our stay was unforgettable and will definitely be returning in the future. Although at the time we were at Casa Tortuga the waves in El Salvador were a bit strong, we didn't notice as we had a great time in the pool and lounging in the hammocks. We had the pleasure of meeting Marius and his passion for his property was very evident. Thank you to Ana and Lazaro. They took care of us like family. Ana prepared a traditional fried fish lunch for all of us and everyone was beyond pleased. I am not a fried fish fan so she suggested to make me shrimp in a wonderful sauce that to this day my mouth waters just thinking of it (they were jumbo shrimp). The amenities in this home were perfect, my aunt, mom and uncles were so pleased that the kitchen was fully equipped. I guess one thing I would improve and not sure if you could in the location of Casa Tortuga is the wifi signal. I have a wifi addicted family and we had a hard time with the speed of the wifi to keep up with our updates on the wonderful Casa Tortuga experience. Thank you Ana, Lazaro and Marius for making our trip to Casa Tortuga unforgettable. We will definitely be back.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
3 Jun 2015
Thank you very much for your kind review Maria. It was very nice meeting you and your family. I am glad that you had a great stay at Casa Tortuga. We are very dedicated to make Casa Tortuga a unique place. There's more improvements to come soon. I am very happy with Ana and Lazaro, they are very helpful and warm people. Ana is a great cook, she is preparing delicious food, while Lazaro is in charge of maintaining the property.
In regards to the WI-FI signal the internet provider Claro has already been contacted and I was assured that they will improve the signal coverage. I am striving to keep Casa Tortuga as a very cozy place, with everything you need to find it there and to be your home away from home. We are looking forward for your next visit. Marius, Ana and Lazaro
Fiorella...
San Salvador, El Salvador
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 12 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

Casa Tortuga is a beautiful house located at one of the most beautiful beaches of El Salvador, we had a great time, and kids loved the pool! Adults loved the hamacas and since the property is spacious some of us could still have a quiet time if we wanted to read a book or just relax! The sunsets are spectacular and we enjoyed being away from home but still feeling like we were home since the house has all the commodities we needed, and more! It was a great weekend to relief stress from work and the city and get some sun, enjoy the beach water and the pool! Thank you for making casa Tortuga available to visit, we loved the beach, been able play in the sand and enjoy the sea water, the sun and feeling safe all the time while we were there was also very important! Casa tortuga is a beautiful beach house, I hope to visit back soon!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The beach and having a/c to sleep well
Liked least: There was no internet
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 May 2015
Thank you very much for your kind review. We're looking forward for having you at Casa Tortuga in the near future.
Marielisa...
“excellent place for a family vacation!”
Reviewed 10 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

I was visiting family in El Salvador and took them to cast de tortuga for a 2 days stay. The view is amazing, everything was very clean, the rooms pool, house, all. Ana and her husband were super nice and all always available. They even came with us to do our grocery shopping for things to eat during our stay. Things to note are 1- you are in charge or bringing what you will like Ana to cook for you and your guests, unless is something you have already pre arrange with her, 2- no wifi was available on site, but none the less the place is beautiful and safe

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
10 Apr 2015
Thank you for staying at Casa Tortuga. We're glad that you had a great experience at Casa Tortuga. In regards to Wi-Fi, we didn't advertise it on the property listing details as been available. We previously had Wi-Fi internet service provided by Tigo. We are now in process of obtaining Wi-Fi internet provided by Claro, which should be available in a week.
We're looking forward for having you again at Casa Tortuga in the near future. As a sign of our appreciation we're offering a 10% discount to our returning guests.
Adrian L
“Perfect mix of relaxation and authenticity”
Reviewed 10 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

I love to travel to new places and experience different cultures, but sometimes you just need to get away to somewhere you can completely relax. Casa Tortuga provides the best of both worlds - you can stay in a non-touristy area of this gorgeous nation while enjoying the serenity of this private beach house. We started most days with a delicious home cooked breakfast followed by hours of reading in the hammock, floating in the pool (is partly shaded and has a swim up bar for hot days - a nice bonus!), walking on the pristine beach, and playing games on the beautifully manicured grounds.
Some days we would venture into nearby towns and explore - my favorite activities were the gastronomical festival in Juayua and the local market in Sonsonate. Most importantly - venture into surrounding towns! This country is beautiful and the people are some of the nicest I have ever met in all of my travels.
If you have any worries about safety here, you should just let your worries go. This is a very safe place.
We rode the bus all over the place and never felt afraid in the slightest. On the contrary, there were many people that "took us under their wing" and made sure that we were safe and on the right bus.
The home itself is comfortable and enjoyable. But everything you need and want is right here.
There is an amazing outdoor space - where you will spend most of your time. The bedrooms are air conditioned, clean and the beds are comfortable.
The caretakers truly care about your comfort, happiness and safety. Ana, Lazaro & Maira all make sure that you have everything that you need and want. They will do as much or as little as you want them to do. They are kind, funny and caring - as are most Salvadorans that we encountered. They always turned on the lights for us in the evening outside, got pupusas for us, and purchased and cooked fresh fish for us as well - delicious!
The location is great - beautiful mountains, clean beaches, and pretty private and secluded. The beach isn't rocky like many popular surf spots, so you can walk in either direction for a long time. The beach is clean and chill - no one is trying to sell you anything
So, you are reading this to get an overall picture of Casa Tortuga. Stay here. You won't regret it.
It is clean and outfitted well. The location is incredible. The owners are very responsive , willing to help you out with anything.
But having said that, I would highly recommend Casa Tortuga!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
21 Jan 2016
Thank you very much for your nice review. We are taking pride on keeping and maintaining Casa Tortuga at the highest levels. We're looking forward to having you in the future at Casa Tortuga. Best regards, Marius"
Anca O
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Vacation”
Reviewed 2 March 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

I have stayed in different vacation homes over my lifetime and I must say this one was one of the best. The location, the privacy and the home met and exceeded all of our expectations. It's one of the most comfortable homes I've stayed at. This home was great for our family whom we visited in El Salvador for 7 days. From the pool to the ocean only steps away we could not imagine a better time here. The staff that included Ana and Mayra as our cooks was all amazing. She had some of the most delicious cooking I've ever had. They made lobster, fish, pupusas, plantains, the list goes on and on and none of it disappointed. Both were fabulous to us and for that we are all very grateful! This is a great family destination and would highly recommend this home to anyone looking for a relaxing get away. The accommodations were great; the care takers were respectful of our space yet very helpful.
I highly recommend this home to anyone looking to get away for some rest and relaxation.

11 Mar 2015
Thank you very much for your kind review. We're glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the house. I hope that we will have you again in the near future at Casa Tortuga, Playa Dorada.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing