All reviews waitakere ranges high tea auckland city degustation dinner eye fillet west coast beaches main building bridal party deluxe room cooked breakfast an update new zealand lounge area spa bath car park grabone nz
Reviewed 2 February 2017

The staff were lovely and treated us well. We dined every night at the restaurant (5 nights) and it was very, very good, as were the breakfasts. Ok, so the décor is a little dated, looks a bit like the 1970s, but the rooms are still well appointed with nice big showers, and the bush setting it to die for. The front desk staff were some of the best we've struck.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AucklandsWaitakereEs, Owner at Heritage Collection Waitakere Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Your feedback is appreciated and it is great you enjoyed our restaurants fine cuisine. The Hotel styling is an authentic colonial style which we feel fits well with the hotels very unique and spectacular setting.

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

I can undoubtedly say that this place is amazing. The room, the food, and especially the staff bent over backwards to help us. My partner is in a wheelchair and he lady we dealt with, Madeline, was nothing short of brilliant. I can't rate this place highly enough!!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AucklandsWaitakereEs, Owner at Heritage Collection Waitakere Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

We do appreciate your review and we are pleased you enjoyed our Hotel and customer service.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

My bride had recently booked two night accommodation at this venue and the staff were well aware of this and she was to be at a wedding just down the road at 15.30 pm.No one took the time to inform her that the gates to gain access back to the estate are locked at 11pm and this drive way about 1 km long,we had to walk down the drive way with my then wife in a wedding dress holding her shoes walking on stones in pitch black with minimal light by cell phone.This was a complete breach of health and safety and we were lucky we were unhurt.
I would not recommend this venue.

Room tip: Go somewhere else
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and we sincerely apologise for your experience on your return to the Hotel. We regret the means of after hours access to the Hotel was not fully explained to you and would appreciate it if you could contact Reg at the Hotel with the actual date of your arrival.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

A family 90th birthday required something special and High tea at Waitakere Estate was just the ticket. We had very attentive staff, the birthday 'girl' had a special plate with 'Happy Birthday' enscribed around the rim of her plate in chocolate (this had not been pre-arranged) and she had an individual cake stand of goodies with the rest of the family sharing others distributed along the table. An entree came first and we were given a detailed description of the treats and everyone was treated royally.
The food was delicious and there was even a 'left over' package for the birthday 'girl' to take home and enjoy later. Hint..The scones were a delight as were the chocolate squares painted with gold on top!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

We thank you for taking the time to write a review about your High tea experience at our Boutique Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed the food and our teams service at your recent High tea function.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

The staff was very unprofessional and customer service was poor. I only met one staff as I checked in late and checked out early. Vicki(she is not the one I met) the receptionist and I had conversation on the phone and she said she will ask one of their staff to be there when I asked for an early check out but this guy (I blame myself that I didn't get his name...) said no one will be in reception at 6. He asked me to come to reception and make a payment for my rooms (booked one for myself and another one for my parents) - it was 10pm!

I don't know why he did but he did. However our payment was already made on booking.com so my husband answered him that we paid already through booking.com but this guy said it was different thing and we should pay at the property. We paid anyway because we were told that booking.com will refund for us. (Turns out it wasn't true!!!) However the amount was different with what I paid for booking.com so I asked the guy AGAIN about this then he said it is VISA surcharge.(I still don't understand - the prices difference between booking.com and hotel though) We only stayed one night THANK GOD. Had horrible experience (still "having" as it is not fixed yet.)

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Artanimal

Thank you for your feedback. Being a Boutique Hotel we do not operate a 24 hour reception. To accommdoate any guests with an early morning checkout we do generally finalise guest bills the evening before departure. We do regret that an error was made by the staff member who preocessed this checkout and note this has been rectified.