See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

We only spent one night and would have loved to stay longer. Beautiful house and the most wonderful welcoming hosts.hope to return for a longer stay. The interior is fantastic, keeping original features. Breakfast typical sweet sicilian and served on the terrace surrounded by lovingly tendered plants.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife and I were driving from Taormino to Palermo in October of 2012, and
we pulled into Patti for the night with no reservations and no plans. By sheer
dumb luck (and with a helpful word from the local flower shop), we found Casa
Rubes. We had our own suite and even our own courtyard, for less than we'd
been paying for smaller quarters on the mainland. Our hosts were congenial and
knowledgeable, advising us on everything from a restaurant for dinner that night
to what to see in Tindari the next day. I don't know when, if ever, we'll return to
Sicily, but I would absolutely go out of my way to stay at Casa Rubes again.
John and Sonja
Milwaukee, WI, USA

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We thorughy enjoyed our trip to Casa Rubes and Patti. The B&B is comfortable and the very pleasant grounds match the rooms and the host and hostess. Max was particularly helpful and went out of his way to assist us with a number of things, including looking up our ancestors.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2010

My girlfriend and I travelled to Sicily for 9 days in the Spring 2010, and as a stopover on our way to the Aeolian Islands we decided to stay at Casa Rubes for one night. Although we decided to stay here because of its proximity to Milazzo (where we had our ferry), to our pleasant surprise our experience quickly became one of the highlights and defining moments in our trip.

Situated in a recently renovated and stunning property, my girlfriend and I fell in love not only with our room and Max's B&B, but with the level of service and care we received from Max and his wife during our stay. Not only did we have a wonderful place to stay (which is decorated with the same care as an artist would his canvass), but we also learned about Sicilian history and culture from our hosts. In other words, the accommodation in itself is reason to give 5 stars to Casa Rubes, but coupled with the hospitality and wonderful personalities of the owners, Casa Rubes merits a rating beyond what tripadvisor allows. A wonderfult stay!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jonathan L
Reviewed 28 June 2008

We have spent 4 memorable days at the fantastic house of Dara and Max in the old center of Patti, Sicily 2008 and like to thank you for your amazing hospitality and for your great tips about the beautiful area and all other things.

Yes we enjoyed our stay with you very much.

Ralf & Birgitta, Lübeck (Germany)

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple