See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife and I were driving from Taormino to Palermo in October of 2012, and
we pulled into Patti for the night with no reservations and no plans. By sheer
dumb luck (and with a helpful word from the local flower shop), we found Casa
Rubes. We had our own suite and even our own courtyard, for less than we'd
been paying for smaller quarters on the mainland. Our hosts were congenial and
knowledgeable, advising us on everything from a restaurant for dinner that night
to what to see in Tindari the next day. I don't know when, if ever, we'll return to
Sicily, but I would absolutely go out of my way to stay at Casa Rubes again.
John and Sonja
Milwaukee, WI, USA

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We thorughy enjoyed our trip to Casa Rubes and Patti. The B&B is comfortable and the very pleasant grounds match the rooms and the host and hostess. Max was particularly helpful and went out of his way to assist us with a number of things, including looking up our ancestors.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2010

My girlfriend and I travelled to Sicily for 9 days in the Spring 2010, and as a stopover on our way to the Aeolian Islands we decided to stay at Casa Rubes for one night. Although we decided to stay here because of its proximity to Milazzo (where we had our ferry), to our pleasant surprise our experience quickly became one of the highlights and defining moments in our trip.

Situated in a recently renovated and stunning property, my girlfriend and I fell in love not only with our room and Max's B&B, but with the level of service and care we received from Max and his wife during our stay. Not only did we have a wonderful place to stay (which is decorated with the same care as an artist would his canvass), but we also learned about Sicilian history and culture from our hosts. In other words, the accommodation in itself is reason to give 5 stars to Casa Rubes, but coupled with the hospitality and wonderful personalities of the owners, Casa Rubes merits a rating beyond what tripadvisor allows. A wonderfult stay!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jonathan L
Reviewed 28 June 2008

We have spent 4 memorable days at the fantastic house of Dara and Max in the old center of Patti, Sicily 2008 and like to thank you for your amazing hospitality and for your great tips about the beautiful area and all other things.

Yes we enjoyed our stay with you very much.

Ralf & Birgitta, Lübeck (Germany)

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank FunnysamLuebeck
Reviewed 23 December 2007

My husband and I traveled around Sicily for 9 weeks in the summer of 2007. Casa Rubes, our Bed and Breakfast in Patti, was one of the highlights of our stay.

Dara and Massimo, the owners, were knowledgeable, enthusiastic, friendly, and generous; they were great company too. Massimo speaks good English if your Italian is lacking.

We had the most magnificent breakfast I had ever seen in Sicily. Massimo and Dara ate with us on their beautifully restored spacious stone terrace. There were flowers everywhere.

The rooms were also spacious and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was quite large and modern.

We were without a car, but it was no problem. Massimo picked us up from the bus station and Dara took us to the train for our departure. They also helped with the train schedules and let us use their Internet.

Patti is a good place to stay in route to the Aeolian Islands. There is a great view of the islands from the city, which is also a port. In addition, Patti is on the train line between Messina and Palermo. It has a pretty harbor with good seafood restaurants, and you can take day trips to the Aeolian Islands. It also has a historic old town on the hills. There are some archaeological sites within Patti including a Roman Villa and it is near Tindari with its famous sanctuary and archeological site. If you are without a car there are buses from Patti to Tindari that run in the mornings.

My only regret was that we didn't have more time there. Dara even took us to a local pottery factory and bought us a gift. Can you imagine? What a great couple and a lovely place!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank NayaBaldwinHills