All reviews plunge pool private deck mood lighting lovely boutique train station amalfi coast good size watch the sunset min walk yogurt cakes breathtaking views stayed here for nights beautiful hotel easy access a great stay every evening
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Our stay was short but we enjoy this location. Our view from the room was amazing, the staff was excellent and the rooms very comfortable. My only issue was the sound factor, we had a baby crying all night next door. Walls are very thin.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cinzia P, Direttore generale at Laqua Charme & Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Gigisboys,

Thank you so much for your fine review on Laqua Charme & Boutique, it is wonderful to know we have given satisfaction and that you have shared it with the readers of Tripadvisor.com.

We are very much looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely boutique hotel just beside a beach with great views out to sea, staff very friendly and helpful, even organised a hire car for us that was delivered to the hotel door! Only draw back is that the plunge pools are covered so not great if you want to sit in the sun like I do.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cinzia P, Direttore generale at Laqua Charme & Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear Katie A,

We wish to thank you for your kind review and for pointing out your observations to the readers of Tripadvisor.com.

We are truly delighted you have had such a lovely time with us and that you enjoyed the natural beauties of our territory and our staff, as well as the comfort we have studied to ensure the finest rest possible to our guests.

We are very much looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are staying at the Laqua with our 4 year old son through August 7th. This quant boutique hotel is absolutely amazing with stunning views! The location could not be more perfect. The property is located on top of the hill with access to the beach directly underneath it (2 min walk down the stairs).
I love watching the sunset every evening from our own balcony with a jacuzzi. Having researched close to a 100 different hotels prior to deciding on Laqua, I must say I feel so fortunate I stumbled upon this property!
I was shocked after reading some of the reviews from other travelers on TripAdvisor complaining about the service, locals, or the breakfast. I travel quite a bit for work and pleasure and I must say the staff here goes above and beyond to answer every question and meet your every demand (everyone seems to speak excellent English which is very helpful).
The locals: people in Meta are wonderful. We took a local train from Naples to Meta. After we got off, it started to storm. My husband, myself and my 4 year old son found ourselves out in a rain with 2 suitcases, backpacks and a stroller wondering how to get to the hotel (the google maps suddenly stopped working). Those who’ve been to this area before know there are no sidewalks here and streets are VERY narrow and busy with cars and busses. A gentleman on a motorcycle noticed we were struggling so he turned around to ask if we needed help. He helped us get a taxi. Turns out the hotel was just a few minutes away, but given our circumstances, it was so wonderful that this man rescued us. Everyone else we’ve encountered thus fas has been very nice. The town seems very safe. Dining options are nice too and in my opinion affordable.
As for the breakfast, if you’re expecting a typical American style breakfast (bacon, omelettes, or fried eggs) you won’t find it here. What you will find however, is a wonderful selection of handmade local meats and cheeses from nearby Sorrento. There is also some cereals, hard boiled eggs, great pastries, fruit, yogurts, juices etc. and of course a fancy espresso machine that can make a coffee beverage of your choice.
Rooms are very clean and well decorated (spacious and modern decor, not a ton of storage space thought, but with a bit of creativity we made it work - we have quite a bit of luggage).
Overall, a 5 star rating in my eyes!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AgatiTravel
Cinzia P, Proprietario at Laqua Charme & Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear AgatiTravel,

Thank you for your kind and detailed review very useful for all the readers who wants a warm and gracious setting, where they can relax and listen to the sounds of the sea.

We are very pleased that you were satisfied with your stay in the Sorrentine peninsula.

We hope to convey to our guests the memory of an experience that has been unique.
Our greatest wish is that when they return back home they will keep with them the memory of the magical atmosphere of Laqua Charme & Boutique and Sorrento Coast.

We hope to see and welcome you again soon during your next family travel!

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Absolutely perfect. Loved the minimalist design and modern. Very clean. Fantastic service. Luigi was amazing and always helpful and polite. Loved this beautiful cozy and homelike boutique place. Excellent breakfast spread, delicious. View stunning.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Cinzia P, Proprietario at Laqua Charme & Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Bita M,

Many thanks for sharing your views with the community of TripAdvisor and particularly for having chosen Laqua for your romantic travel in the Sorrentine peninsula.

We are truly delighted you have had such a lovely time with us and that you spend unforgettable moments in one of the most beautiful and romantic area around the world!

Thank you one again for coming at Laqua Charme & Boutique, we hope you may one day return there.

With our warmest wishes,

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Laqua was a nice hotel with mostly lovely staff and an incredible view.

The rooms are a good size and are clean.

The walls are thin, I could hear the man next door snoring.

The pool was too cold to swim in and it’s all joined so it’s not private.

It’s a lovely view and a relaxing place to be.

The spa looked nice but it’s so expensive that we didn’t bother getting anything.

The breakfast was yummy.

Unfortunately the area was super rude. The locals don’t seem to like tourists and are so blunt and rude.

I wouldn’t go back.

Date of stay: July 2018

Dear Kate K,

first of all, a special thanks for choosing our home for your stay on the Sorrento coast.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our home and I'd like to thank you for the precious and helpful advice. We strive to improve and satisfy the needs of all our visitors so we can be sure to guarantee an adequate standard for satisfying those needs.
Nonetheless, I am extremely saddened to read you were met with hostility by the locals. Meta is a seaside resort with sandy beaches 3.8 km from Sorrento. It's the ideal location where you can easy reach many of the attractions found along the Sorrento Peninsula; the perfect place to fully experience the warm atmosphere of "Italian Lifestyle" while enjoying the beauty of breathtaking views of the sea. An experience both unique and one you won't forget...
We've chosen this place for the smile and warm welcome of Campania's inhabitants, famous all over the world for the love of their native lands and for their great warmhearted spirit.
I hate reading, that even though you enjoyed your stay with us and our home, you won't be coming back. I really do hope you'll give Meta a second chance. I'm convinced the Sorrentine Coast will change your mind and that you'll receive a warm welcome like the one given to us.

Kinds regards,