All reviews naples gulf hotel staff is average hotel breakfast and dinner formula peoples pasquale pompeii
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed there when there was a mix up of hotels on our tour.
The whole group where disgusted with the cleanliness of the rooms, most of not all of us had dirty or stained bedding, pillows worth mould, dish cloths as towels which where also stained.

The rooms look nothing like the website photos in fact these photos could have been taken in a completely different hotel.

Breakfast consists of cold eggs that have bacon in then so any veggies you will be going hungry unless you like cornflakes as this was the only cereal on offer or you could grab yourself a stale and hard pastry. Failing eats big help yourself to the instant coffee (this I could not believe when italy prides itself on its coffee) or get some fruit salad did I mention it’s from a tin?

The only redeeming factor as this hotel is NOT actually in Sorrento it’s in meta so a fair can ride away if you want to see the beauty of the town is the view that you will only get from outside the hotel on the free viewing platform.
You have to pay to use the beach.
The hotel pool has mould and clearly hasn’t been cleaned and reading the reviews from the last 18 months no repair or upgrade Work has ever happened here.

It ruined the last two days of what had been a fantastic trip. I can’t honestly convey how disgusting this hotel is other than I’ve stayed in better back packed hostels and there’s no way this is a four star anything other than a joke.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I would give it a zero star rating if that was possible. Definitely not a four star internationally or in Italy barely a two.

We were put here on a tour instead of original hotel. This is NOT in Sorrento old town you are not able to walk there.

A taxi will cost depending on traffic anywhere from €35-€60 euros one way and you will need it cause you will not want to spend any time in the hotel.

On arrival we got our key and entered our room (which looks nothing like their fictional website photos. In fact no one on the tours room looked remotely like the website photos) aside from this our bedding was dirty.

The public spaces are all tired and in desperate need of updating. The pool was beyond dirty and unless you wanted to catch something unusable.

The “towels” which I can only describe as large dish cloths they are not like towels we know were also dirty and stained.

After speaking to reception we were told they could do nothing now we should have dinner and it would be sorted on our return. Which it wasn’t and we were continually given dirty towels until the manager must have actually checked them before they were brought up to us for the forth time.

Breakfast consisted of instant coffee (yes you read that correctly) stale pastries, one cereal, bread you would only want to toast as it was so hard and cold eggs and bacon in the same dish so if your vegetarian you would be unable to eat this also the only fruit available was produced from a tin.

If you want to use the beach which is the only thing to do where this hotel is you have to pay to use the beach and you must have a parasol so your looking at over €10 euros a couple.

The whole of the group were utterly disgusted and I’ve stayed in better backpacker hostels ruined our experienced the south.

Many photos of this vile hotel will be added by my partner on his review.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We were in a tour group and as soon as we arrived we just felt unwelcomed by the person at the counter who i believe was the manager, he was just so cold and dismissive of us. Our room was atrocious it was a tiny box with uncomfortable beds and dysfunctional aircon, me and my wife stayed in the room for a few hours then went to ask if we could get an upgrade we told the manage we were willing to pay for it but the manager for some reason flat out rejected this. Luckily our tour guide who was staying with us gave us her room and took ours , this room was better then our room it was bigger and i think renovated it at least had a new aircon but it was a basement room and windows were at street level so all you could see is peoples feet and for some reason the windows didn't have curtains so i had to cover them with blankets so people couldn't see us. breakfast was nothing buI old bread wirh a cranky waiter who actually screamed at you if you sat somewhere he didnt like(he wouldn't tell you where to sit only where not to sit). conclusion this place is terrible the only reason it got a 2 star is because its in an okay location

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank Nadim A
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Just don’t stay. Your money is better spent elsewhere. I would encourage you to take a drive there to see the views from outside the hotel, but that’s where my recommendation ends. The views are amazing from outside the hotel, but everything else about this hotel you will regret. The food (breakfast bread was moldy), the rooms (3/4 of our groups 15 rooms had trouble with the air conditioning) were in disrepair (my room, the tub didn’t drain), the staff (they had our money, why should they care) was atrocious, and they close the pool at 7! What’s the point of having a pool then!?

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Charles J
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

This is without a doubt the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The first thing my friend and I noticed when we walked in our room was the overwhelming vile smell, which seemed to come from the bathroom. For my 2 night stay, I had to hold my breath to use the bathroom as otherwise I would gag from the smell. The second worst aspect was the fact that the air conditioning did not work AT ALL. I heard from other guests that some had functioning, albeit intermittent, air conditioning, and despite being told by the very unhelpful staff that it was being fixed, it never was fixed. For the middle of July in Italy, air conditioning is fairly important. I don’t think I slept for more than 2 hours each night due to how boiling hot the rooms were (and how uncomfortable the bed was). In addition, the supposedly free wifi was nonexistent anywhere but the lobby, the breakfast was very average, and the rooms just seemed unclean. Overall, I would warn absolutely anyone to stay away from this hotel - it was a truly atrocious experience.

Date of stay: July 2018