All reviews no lift across the road great pub light rail albert park bar meals tram stop queen room st kilda mini bar modern rooms visiting melbourne street parking cafes and restaurants free parking sporting memorabilia the private dining room
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Booked a room at this hotel via booking.com at a good rate and one appropriate for this level of accommodation. The hotel seemed to realise that this weekend we had booked for was an event weekend being the Australian F1 Grand Prix tentative date. At this time the price went from $801 for 5 nights to $2,400. They refused to honour the booked rate and instead offer to reduce the rate to $2,000 (an increase of $1,199 on the original rate). For this rate I could book a 5 star highly rated hotel. I have cancelled this booking and wouldn't recommend this hotel. Revenue Managers are responsible for rates, which I understand being in the industry. However, I would expect them to honour bookings at the published rates and learn from the experience not try and gouge more from those who booked in good faith.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Paid about SGD90 per night.
Pros:
Spacious clean room, bar happy hour from 4-7 pm at 7 bucks/pint. Cheap! Bar food was delicious! Friendly and helpful lady receptionist. Location very near to the tram station.

Cons:
Not easy to get Free parking at Cantebury place, Little inconvenient with no lift and heavy luggages. Limited TV channels.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here for business on several occasions, but this was the first time in 6 months. Since our last stay, the mini bar in the room has been removed, and breakfast is now served in house instead of the cafe across the road. Not to mention the food in the restaurant has gone downhill, my steak was only average and the sides were not even close to what the waiter stated. Still a convenient place to stay, but prefer the old Middle Park hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I have been staying here for years. Its comfortable, convenient, great value for money,
quiet, clean and perfectly located opposite the 96 tram that goes straight into the city in 4 stops. Everything you could possibly needs as a traveller is located in the same street and only metres away. I would have given 5 stars but its a little tired now and needs a some new carpet and painting. Despite this I will continue to stay here when I come to Melbourne for work or pleasure.

Room Tip: Windows onto the street
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MegWesternAustralia
AVCCommunityManager, General Manager at Middle Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thanks Meg for leaving us your comments. It is much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Melbourne.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Room: Booked the Queen Deluxe room and was so happy with what I got. The room was gorgeous, beautiful and very cosy. With the classic exterior, I expected something more old but the interiors were well furnished in a very modern style. We had ample space for hanging up our winter coats, jackets and headgear (beanies & caps).

Food: The breakfast spread was sufficient and extremely delicious - it included breads, cereal, hams & cheeses. Along with that, we wanted to make tea in the room and called to ask for milk thinking that we will probably have to pay for it but was pleasantly surprised that the staff sent it all the way up to the room with no charge!

Service: Staff was extra helpful when we needed a taxi and went out of her way to ensure our taxi did not get nicked by other passer-bys as they did not want us stand outside in the cold.

Surroundings was quiet but the bar atmosphere was fantastic with people keeping it cosy and fun (everybody chattering whilst being able to have a great ambience overall and not too noisy). With that also came the wonderful daily offerings of Steak Tuesdays & such. And there were also plenty of great cafes nearby if you would like to sit somewhere to read with a coffee - I would love to go back if I had the chance!

Only thing to note is that you will need to climb stairs so if you are handicapped or have lots of luggage, do anticipate that! The staff is, however, extremely helpful with luggage.

Room Tip: tram station is nearby (less than 5 minutes walk)
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple