Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
aquaeyes4

Unforgettable and Beautiful

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Jun 2024
What an incredibly special place. I am almost not sure where to start, but this is an unforgettable hotel - from the moment you arrive and are greeted by the beautiful voices of the staff and the most delicious lychee iced tea, you are treated like a member of the family. The staff learns your name immediately and they are so friendly and lovely - especially Joe at the bar and Jenny and La. The food was OUTSTANDING - we had stayed at the Sofitel for a few days before Royal Davui and there was simply no comparison. The room was comfortable and beautiful. Do not miss the sand cay and the snorkeling!!!! The weather did not cooperate for the duration of our trip and on our last day the small plane was not able to fly us out. They offered us the helicopter which we took back and it was very outside of my comfort zone but an amazing experience. I cannot say enough good things about this resort - it will live in my memory forever.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Make sure you book the sand cay and snorkeling. Do the crab race too!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your heartfelt review! We're so glad to hear that you felt like part of our family from the moment you arrived. Your kind words about our staff, especially Joe, Jenny, and La, mean a lot to us.

It's wonderful that you enjoyed the food, your room, and the sand cay and snorkeling experiences. We're happy we could accommodate your travel needs despite the weather, and it's great to hear that the helicopter ride turned into an amazing experience for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to create even more unforgettable memories.

$1,221
      $394
    37.4 km from Royal Davui Island Resort - Fiji
    Free Wifi
    View more hotels in Royal Davui Island
    All reviews royal davui plunge pool fish our honeymoon lunch and dinner other guests sand cay the managers shark dive pacific harbour welcome song nadi airport boat ride crab kava ceremony village visit low tide
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 6 June 2024 via mobile

Just BOOK IT! Royal Davui is the most amazing place we’ve ever visited by a mile! My wife and I travel very often and nothing compares. People always talk about how amazing Fiji is. Of course Fiji is awesome, but we were much more amazed by the resort.

The level of service and attention to detail is incredible. They have literally thought of everything!! The entire time I felt like if I thought of something I needed and put my hand out, it was already there. We were absolutely amazed how such a tiny island could have every amenity imaginable. Umbrellas, beach bags, flash lights, clean drinking water in the room, towels, bug spray, sun screen, aloe, etc.

Owner was there to greet us when we arrived by boat and already knew our names. ALL of the staff were incredible the whole time we were there. Knew our drinks, food, and requests almost before we ordered. They made sure to keep us hydrated with water the whole time, wouldn’t let me get up with empty glasses to get a new drink. Everyone just made sure we were comfortable and relaxed and brought us everything we needed. The second you get close to the pool, someone came to bring towels, made sure the loungers were clean and had pads, checked on us constantly.

Food was far beyond what we expected! I still can’t believe how amazing every single meal was. Plenty enough food, even for me. You certainly won’t go hungry here. Drinks were outstanding as well. We are from New Orleans and I would put these bartenders and chefs right next to any fancy restaurant around. As for the drink prices, it’s no different than a reasonable price at a decent restaurant. I read some reviews about the drink prices being too high. I totally disagree. To have the huge variety and unbelievable quality of drinks, I thought the prices were very fair.

Excursions are a must! Sunset cruise and sandbar picnic were both amazing. Snorkeling just 20 yards off the island provided everything you can possibly see underwater. Our guide was great and made sure to point out everything to be seen.

Last but not least……The owners and staff were some of the nicest and hardest working people we’ve ever met. By just the 2nd day we truly felt like family. By the time we left, we were all hugging and tearing up because we had to leave. Too many names to mention but we remember every single person we met and will never forget how great we were treated.

Coming from the U.S., the travel was very long but absolutely worth it! We were jet lagged very badly and fell asleep early afternoon. The staff even called our room to check on us and made sure we got dinner that night.

We will 100% be visiting again. We can’t wait to see all our new friends again and enjoy this beautiful place! I wish it was closer to us so we could visit more often.

Date of stay: March 2024
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Christopher Southwick, Owner at Royal Davui Island Resort - Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review! We're thrilled to hear that you and your wife had such an amazing experience at Royal Davui. It's wonderful to know that our level of service, attention to detail, and amenities exceeded your expectations.

Your kind words about our staff and their efforts to ensure your comfort and satisfaction are truly appreciated. We're glad you enjoyed the food, drinks, and excursions, and that you felt like part of our family by the time you left.

Traveling from the U.S. can be a long journey, so we're especially pleased that you found it worth the trip.
    Fiji Airways just announced they will be flying out of Dallas, so we're even easier to get to now!
    We can't wait to welcome you back and look forward to seeing our new friends again.

Reviewed 4 June 2024

I've traveled a lot and this is one of my favorite properties. Christopher and Grant, the owners, have put in beautiful, artful touches throughout and are excellent managers and hosts. With just 16 bungalows it feels a bit like your own private island, but with lovely guests when you want to be with other folks. The food and service is 5-star. Each meal was delectable with dining on a large deck looking out at the ocean under a massive tree, as if you're in a treehouse. The bungalows are lovely with living room and bedroom each opening up onto decks with a plunge pool. The bathrooms are open and huge. The beds are comfortable, but the pillows are to die for - they've been specially made for the Royal Davui! I had a massage which was very nice in a quiet space looking out on the ocean. And we had an amazing experience where we were taken by boat to a private caye about 15 minutes away. The staff brought an umbrella, beach towels, lounge chairs and table along with coolers filled with champagne and breakfast goodies. We were left for 3 hours to have the caye completely to ourselves. What a dream!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
    2  Thank kaydalton

Thank you for your fantastic review!
    We’re glad you enjoyed the intimate atmosphere, touches that we have been working very hard on achviving. It's great to hear you appreciated the food and service, treehouse-like dining, and well-appointed bungalows with comfortable beds and custom-made pillows.

We're pleased you had a relaxing massage and a memorable cay experience. We look forward to welcoming you back for more unforgettable moments.

Reviewed 31 May 2024

We just checked out from our weeklong stay and it was exceptional! The staff truly cares about your experience and gets to know you! The resort owners are very hands on and kind, and made sure that we were taken care of when there was an issue in our room that needed attention. In fact, instead of having us wait for maintenance, we were upgraded to a Sunset Villa!

The jetskiing and shark dives were the stars of our stay! The sand cat is also a must!

The food is always amazing and made to order, with a breakfast menu that is truly one of the best I’ve ever had and with lunch and dinner rotating every day to offer you something new. The Komodo is a must try!

We were so sad that the weather wasn’t our friend and forced an early check out on our departure day, but the staff made sure we made it to Nadi well ahead of our flight and avoiding the extremely rough seas forecasted in the afternoon. We would have loved more days with the sun, but everyone made it so wonderful!

Room tip: Book the sand cay excursion well in advance to ensure you get your desired day and time!
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review! It's great to know you had an exceptional stay with us. Our team truly cares about making your experience special, and we're glad you felt well taken care of, especially with the upgrade to the Sunset Villa.

We're happy that you enjoyed the jetskiing, shark dives, and the sand cay. It's also fantastic to hear you loved the food, especially the breakfast menu and the Komodo dish.

We appreciate your understanding regarding the weather and are glad we could ensure you made it to Nadi safely. We look forward to welcoming you back for more sunny days and wonderful memories.

Reviewed 21 May 2024

If you, like me, read these reviews as part of deep dive obsessive research into the best possible choice for your holiday, hi. I see you. I've been you. And I want to tell you you can stop looking, you have found the right choice.

I thought I was booking my honeymoon, 7 nights in a gorgeous resort, but I didn't know I was drawing a line through my life. My life before Royal Davui and my life afterwards. My stay here has set the standard of holiday I will spend the rest of my life attempting to recreate. Since the second I left I have been mentally calculating how soon I can return.

The Royal Davui experience is true luxury. It's the kind of luxury that doesn't need snobbery or flashiness to impress.
    The villas have everything you could need for your comfort and privacy. The beds are so comfortable, so much space to relax and enjoy the view.
    The food is incredible, fresh, diverse and extremely plentiful! We took snacks and never found a moment of hunger to eat them.
    The staff are kind, helpful and funny. From the wait staff, activity guides, maintenance and admin staff were all friendly and accommodating. Getting to know several of them over the week was a genuine pleasure.
    I was expecting to spend my week lounging by the pool and reading. I did plenty of that but I had no idea how mind blowing the reef would be. The island sits on top of a marine reserve reef and it was INCREDIBLE. We went snorkeling straight off the jetty every day and every time we discovered something new. I cannot recommend this highly enough. I swear Nemo was based on one patch of reef about 10 metres away from the jetty. The sheer diversity of life, it wasn't possible to look into the water without seeing fish of all colours, shapes and sizes.

This resort isn't cheap, it's adults only, it's exclusive and a journey to get to (which the resort will facilitate). But trust me when I tell you, the expense of staying here is not paying for a holiday. It's an investment in your mental health. I don't only have memories of my time here, I have my mental happy place I will visit every time I close my eyes.

To the whole team, vinaka, from the bottom of my heart.

Room tip: Don't fill up on the bread before dinner! Take reef shoes and a rashie top for swimming Book multiple massages! They're the best!!
    4  Thank annabellel874

Thank you so much for your heartfelt review and for truly "getting us" and what we do. We're honored to have been a part of such a special experience for you. It's wonderful to hear that your stay at Royal Davui has set a new standard for your holidays and created lasting memories.

We're delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of our villas, the delicious food, and the amazing marine life on our reef. Your kind words about our staff mean the world to us; they strive to make every guest's stay special.

We can't wait to welcome you back to your mental happy place.

Vinaka from all of us at Royal Davui Island Resort!

Reviewed 20 May 2024

If you are looking for 5 star Romantic luxury on a 8 acre island with only 16 Bure's then this is it. The food is equivalent to premium restaurants in Australia and the seafood is a foodies delight. The Bure's are sympathetic to Fijian culture and provide the 5 star luxury we all like. Balancing these two characteristics has been achieved with perfection. There are many activities you can participate in or just relax by the beautiful pool or read a book in the Bure with complete privacy and amazing views. The staff are amazing and happy to meet any of your needs. The Weather in the tropics can provide some surprises and haw the staff respond and support you is unbeliavable. Grant and Chris will do whatever they can to make your stay an amazing experience. The team make your wedding day something to remember and handle all the paperwork which in Fiji is worth days of your time. We have now visited the Island twice and will most certainly visit again in the future.

Room tip: Relax and enjoy
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the barefoot romantic luxury of our island and found the food to be on par with premium Australian restaurants.
    It's great to know that you appreciated the blend of Fijian culture and luxury in our bures. We're glad you found our staff to be attentive and responsive.
    We look forward to welcoming you back for a third visit!