Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Annabelle L

This is n't just a holiday, it's an investment in your well-being

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
If you, like me, read these reviews as part of deep dive obsessive research into the best possible choice for your holiday, hi. I see you. I've been you. And I want to tell you you can stop looking, you have found the right choice.

I thought I was booking my honeymoon, 7 nights in a gorgeous resort, but I didn't know I was drawing a line through my life. My life before Royal Davui and my life afterwards. My stay here has set the standard of holiday I will spend the rest of my life attempting to recreate. Since the second I left I have been mentally calculating how soon I can return.

The Royal Davui experience is true luxury. It's the kind of luxury that doesn't need snobbery or flashiness to impress.
The villas have everything you could need for your comfort and privacy. The beds are so comfortable, so much space to relax and enjoy the view.
The food is incredible, fresh, diverse and extremely plentiful! We took snacks and never found a moment of hunger to eat them.
The staff are kind, helpful and funny. From the wait staff, activity guides, maintenance and admin staff were all friendly and accommodating. Getting to know several of them over the week was a genuine pleasure.
I was expecting to spend my week lounging by the pool and reading. I did plenty of that but I had no idea how mind blowing the reef would be. The island sits on top of a marine reserve reef and it was INCREDIBLE. We went snorkeling straight off the jetty every day and every time we discovered something new. I cannot recommend this highly enough. I swear Nemo was based on one patch of reef about 10 metres away from the jetty. The sheer diversity of life, it wasn't possible to look into the water without seeing fish of all colours, shapes and sizes.

This resort isn't cheap, it's adults only, it's exclusive and a journey to get to (which the resort will facilitate). But trust me when I tell you, the expense of staying here is not paying for a holiday. It's an investment in your mental health. I don't only have memories of my time here, I have my mental happy place I will visit every time I close my eyes.

To the whole team, vinaka, from the bottom of my heart.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Don't fill up on the bread before dinner! Take reef shoes and a rashie top for swimming Book...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
No prepayment needed
Save more with IHG One Rewards
48.8 km from Royal Davui Island Resort - Fiji
Pool
Two Bedroom Apartment (Newly Renovated)
$188
49.1 km from Royal Davui Island Resort - Fiji
$173
Fully refundable
    $173
49.1 km from Royal Davui Island Resort - Fiji
View more hotels in Royal Davui Island
All reviews royal davui plunge pool fish our honeymoon lunch and dinner other guests sand cay the managers shark dive pacific harbour welcome song nadi airport boat ride crab kava ceremony village visit low tide
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are looking for 5 star Romantic luxury on a 8 acre island with only 16 Bure's then this is it. The food is equivalent to premium restaurants in Australia and the seafood is a foodies delight. The Bure's are sympathetic to Fijian culture and provide the 5 star luxury we all like. Balancing these two characteristics has been achieved with perfection. There are many activities you can participate in or just relax by the beautiful pool or read a book in the Bure with complete privacy and amazing views. The staff are amazing and happy to meet any of your needs. The Weather in the tropics can provide some surprises and haw the staff respond and support you is unbeliavable. Grant and Chris will do whatever they can to make your stay an amazing experience. The team make your wedding day something to remember and handle all the paperwork which in Fiji is worth days of your time. We have now visited the Island twice and will most certainly visit again in the future.

Room tip: Relax and enjoy
Date of stay: May 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We loved our 6 nights at the Royal Davui Island Resort. All the staff are amazing: so friendly and helpful, making you feel like nothing is too much trouble from check-in to check-out.

We were booked to do the shark encounter dive the day after we arrived, but I was having issues with my ears, and they were able to move the dive to our last day which worked out perfectly. The weather the day we were supposed to do the sand cay picnic wasn’t great, but they were able to re-schedule that and our massage appointments so that we could still do everything on our itinerary. The shark dive was a phenomenal thrill and the sand cay picnic was truly special.

Be sure to take in as much as you can - the crab races, kava ceremony, cooking class, cocktail tasting, Sunday hymns – all were great!

Our Sunset Plunge Pool Villa was gorgeous. With only 16 villas, the resort feels very romantic and exclusive.

Then why only a 4-star rating? We wished we could give 4.5 stars, but the food kept this from being a 5-star review. Most of the time, the food was very good, but there were a few big “misses”. The Royal Davui was the first place we stayed in Fiji, and we left thinking Fijian food was salty: there were a few courses over our time there that I couldn’t even eat as they were so salty, and that my husband who loves salt also even found too salty. One night both of our main courses (one beef and one chicken) were overdone and dry (again, we didn’t finish). Tip: if you like your beef medium rare, order it rare.

With that all said, we still HIGHLY recommend this resort!

Room tip: This did NOT apply to us, but if you have any mobility or physical fitness issues, request a villa close to the restaurant.
Reviewed 10 May 2024 via mobile

Costco Traveler Review- Honeymooners - Lagoon Plunge Pool with Romance Package for 7 Nights - April 23-April 30th 2024
The Royal Davui exceeded all of our high expectations! The resort is a perfect place for a romantic getaway. We were here for our honeymoon and we cannot express enough how happy we are that we chose this resort.

TRANSPORT: ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE. I admit, I was nervous the transport to the hotel would be unbearable after such a long flight from the United States but it was incredibly easy. (Before you go through customs, I recommend getting a bottle of liquor if you have room in your luggage, to enjoy at the resort since alcohol is not included). Since we booked with Costco, when we landed we were met by a Rosie Holidays rep right outside the customs door with a sign with our name on it. We were taken to their AC office with cold fiji water bottles, cold scented oil hand towels, and a traditional fijian necklace. The rep also transferred the fiji airways lounge vouchers to us for our return flight at this time. Since we had two hours to kill before our next flight, our rep pointed us to a great breakfast spot that had wonderful lattes and a killer breakfast burrito. After we wrapped up breakfast we walked over to the domestic terminal at the airport. We waited for our check-in stand to open (remember you are on island time so do not panic if they are 15-20 minutes late). Our pilot arrived, weighed our bags, weighed us, and walked us out to a small cessna plane. The plane ride was absolutely beautiful, really smooth, and felt like a very quick trip. I believe the actual time was 40 minutes, but the views make it feel like 20 minutes. Once we landed there was a car ready to drive us to the boat, it was about a 3-5 minute drive. The boat ride was very quick, about 20 minutes. I get sea-sick easily and it was no problem. Just sit in the front. It was like a rough Lake. Once we arrived, the managers and the staff met us on the dock to greet us, gave us a fijian necklace, and then we were serenaded by the staff. Absolutely beautiful way to be welcomed. They had glasses of water, cold towels, and itinerary/menus waiting for us. The concierge was very helpful. She then walked us to our room and showed us all the amenities in our room. We had lunch delivered to our room the first day so we could relax off the jet lag. DEPARTURE DAY: Our flight out of fiji to LAX was at 9:40pm, the resort arranged for us to check out at 10am, and for us to depart the resort at 3:00pm. Our concierge booked a spa shower for us at noon so we could enjoy the beach/pool one last time and still get on the flight clean. Lunch was still included even though we checked out. Then we were serenaded one last time before we got on the boat to go back to the air strip. We took the cessna back with the same pilot. We then checked our bags, went through TSA, and went to the Fiji Airways Lounge, DO NOT SKIP THIS! Everything is free from wine to desserts to fried rice, not to mention cozy chairs and good wifi connection. If you need a souvenir, there are TONS of shops after the TSA.

Food: The food was fabulous, a unique culinary experience everyday for lunch and dinner. Food is typically nothing special at all inclusive resorts and I assure you this is not the case at the Royal Davui. We loved everything. The breakfast menu is always the same, but it is extensive and you can order more than one item for breakfast at no extra charge. Lunch always included a more american style item, example of Fried Chicken Sandwich, Cuban Sandwich, Burger, etc. All their fish dishes are wonderful, and I do NOT like fish usually. I kept saying I would pay big money for a royal davui cook book, everything was fabulous.

Snorkeling around the island: Royal Davui has incredible snorkeling, but you will need to swim out further to see it, I recommend booking the guided snorkel on one of your first days to learn the reef and where to go. The hotel will give free flippers, masks, and snorkel to you for the entire trip, they will even give you a bag to carry it around so you don't have to go back to the rental shak each day.

Diving: We did not do diving excursions, but I heard from other couples who did, they loved it. One couple did all their Padi online course work before they arrived and got certified while they were staying at the resort. Something I would recommend looking into!

Kava Tastings: the resort hosts cava tastings and highly recommend you go! They do an incredible job at involving everyone and breaking the ice amongst the travelers.

Hermit Crab Races: This was our favorite event! Everyone would get to pick out a hermit crab to race for free drinks, it was so much fun and was a great way to get everyone together.

Privacy: I cannot speak for the island room or the sunset rooms, but the lagoon view rooms were extremely private. We may have seen 2 snorkelers the entire time from our deck. The sunset rooms face the dock so it is not as private from Guests if you wanted total seclusion.

Spa: The spa was fabulous! The massages were great and so was the hydrating facial. I highly recommend them both.

Boutique - The hotel does have a small boutique in the concierge office where you can buy sunglasses, caps, reef shirts, sunscreen, aloe vera, medicine, etc.

Room- The room was exactly like the pictures, ONLY BETTER! We were in villa 13. There isn't anything we would change about the room. We had a bar the had a filtered water tap so we always had drinking water and a mini fridge that the resort would restock daily with whatever you wanted. They provided mini sample sizes of sunscreen, aloe, hand sanitizer, etc. There were two closets that came equipped with a safe for your valuables, a very large cute beach tote, 2 umbrellas and even a flashlight. The shower came stocked with full size luxury shampoo and conditioner with a large bar of soap. You also have a large portable bluetooth speaker in the room for your use. Bring this on the sand cay picnic day! Also, learn how to use a French press before you get there for the coffee in the room in the morning! There is milk and sugar in the bar!

Amenities: The hotel DOES have a fitness center, I have provided photos so you can see all that they have.

BEST DAY: Sand Cay picnic - THIS WAS THE BEST DAY OF OUR LIVES. You are dropped off on a remote island with a Bora Bora Type view with a great picnic . They leave you with a sturdy nokia phone in a water proof bag. It was the most beautiful place I have ever been. We wanted to pay to go another day but it was fully booked, and we understand why.

Sunset Cruise - we booked this for our last day and it was great - We had a great little charcuterie board style snack with champagne as they took us around Beqa island. Seeing the island up close was beautiful. We highly recommend this.

ONLY CON: MOSQUITOS! I wasn't bit often but my husband was swarmed with mosquitos. The boutique has a natural repellent but it didn't work as well as he needed. Please add a deet bug spay to your packing list.

Packing List:
Things I wish I brought: Deet Bug Repellent and Fan. Whether it be a paper hand fan, portable battery hand fan, or little USB portable fan, I wish I had a little breeze every now and then while at lunch/dinner. Liquor from customs is great for making drinks in your room, we got vodka and wished we would have gotten rum to mix with fruit juices.
Things I didn't need: Heels - just wear cute sandals to dinner, the heels are not worth bringing with the luggage requirements. Shampoo/Conditioner - didn't need to bring it because they already had it.

The staff was polite, friendly and wonderful. I really cannot say enough good things about this resort. I promise you will be singing royal davui praises! BOOK THE TRIP AND DON"T LOOK BACK!

You won't get bored! We laid by the pool and beach in between snorkeling, massages, and then had 2 excursions to break up the days. You can also kayak or even stand up paddle board if you want extras to do. They also have a room next to the concierge that contains tons of games and books (pictured) . We hung out here after lunch before departure since it was the only AC space.

Room tip: See review - I go into packing lists, etc.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 5 May 2024

Royal Davui is a truly excellent destination. The best that we've been to in Fiji.
Lovely secluded, intimate island. Very comfortable burés, elevated on the island with great views. Excellent inclusive meals, a great bar and dining area overlooking the Pacific with a wide variety of cocktails and an impressive wine list.
The best house reef for snorkelling in Fiji, and a circumnavigable island, free swimming or snorkelling. Good accessible diving. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 March 2024

This resort honestly makes you feel like royalty! Beautiful accommodations, and excellent dining. The snorkeling here is not to be missed. The staff could not be more attentive. They were exceptional. Thank you to Jenn, Abby, La, Matthew,Latiti? , Saki , Joe and Georgy. Georgy your recipe for Kokoda has been added to our family cookbook. Honestly so easy and good!
I would be remiss not to mention the excellent tropical massage we indulged in also. Thank you ladies! I apologize for names missed or misspelled. This resort is tops on our list to visit again.
Vinaka Vakalevu and Sota Tale