All reviews one night overnight stop water flow room was clean channel ports big windows south of france ibis styles evening meal long drive motorway route uk interchange dawn dreadful bath
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

This would have been a super overnight stop had the air conditioning worked.
Very dog friendly.
Great friendly staff and a lovely clean room with a large double bed, but we couldn’t open the window due to the traffic noise from the motorway and as I said the airco wasn’t working. It was a warm night!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JEROME C, General Manager at Mercure Rouen Val De Reuil, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 31 January 2018

changed to Mercure from Ibis Styles across the street during my last stay, where the wifi was dreadful. Signal was better in Mercure, but not enough bandwidth is put available to allow for attachments of even a couple MB to be sent in a reasonable time. It took very long to send an e-mail with a 5MB attachment.
Other than that, the food was ok during dinner (I had the island salad). At breakfast there was freshly squeezed grapefruit and orange juice available.
Sleeping comfort was ok.
Bathroom: water flow rate ok.
Power outlets: enough available to charge laptop, cellphone and ipad at the same time

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
JEROME C, General Manager at Mercure Rouen Val De Reuil, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear Yves,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hôtel Mercure Rouen Val-de-Reuil.

Regarding Wi-Fi, we're just upgrading our system with optical fiber in February, 2018 and our Wi-Fi is better now.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

I spend a night in this hotel last week. I took a room and had a diner in this hotel (one of the few on the area).
The room was good quality but the overall impression of the hotel was negative.
The diner was taken in a cold restaurant. I had to change place because of the cold feeling. The service was OK and food also
The breakfast was OK but an hotel where nobody is cleaning tables at breakfast is not giving a nice image (the hotel was far from full).
THE WIFI was just useless (come issue in ACCOR hotels allover Europe) at a point you can't use it at all. I signaled it and got the common answer "we are refurbishing it". As the 3G/4G connection in this place was also poor there was no backup and I was unable to work. So as I said, wrong choice, next time, I'll book in Rouen city (30km away)

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
JEROME C, General Manager at Mercure Rouen Val De Reuil, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Rouen Val-de-Reuil. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Arriving in the rain after dark and leaving at dawn, this square box, with no lobby and no restaurant looked even more dismal than it might have in the light of day.

The free parking and a few restaurants (we walked to the farthest one, Le Bureau, and it was fine) sharing the same autoroute interchange, made the Mercure a practical stop for travelers eager to experience nothing that makes France different from any other country. Breakfast was not included and was offered at a ridiculous 15 euros. We stopped at a bakery in the next town.

There are several other hotels with lower rates in the same industrial park. If driving the same route again, I think we'd settle for less. Nothing about the Mercure made it special and because we had booked through a service (such as trip advisor), they refused to honor the Accor card or credit points to my account.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
JEROME C, General Manager at Mercure Rouen Val De Reuil, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Rouen Val de Reuil. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Indeed, we can only credit points to your account if you book on Accorhotels.com, Mercure.com, or directly to our hotel by phone or email.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We stop at this hotel after a long drive from Spain and it is like heaven in a wilderness,
The hotel is scrupulous, beds are to die for, and it even has rabbits running around the outside which is cute. Always take your own china cups as the room only provides carton cups which never fails to amaze me and I cannot stand cartons of yuk milk so bring my own fresh milk. It is right next to the motorway for a quick exit to Calais and ports.

Room tip: The new wing is best because the toilet is separate from the bathroom and not right behind the bedroom door as in the older part.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JEROME C, General Manager at Mercure Rouen Val De Reuil, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hôtel Mercure Rouen Val de Reuil.