Review Highlights
Not really but interesting

The village is a replay of a medioval village ; it was building in nearly ‘900. The castle is... read more

Reviewed 30 December 2017
giannidj
Monzambano, Italy
via mobile
A medieval village full of many attractions

Reviewed 1 October 2014
LooeMan
Looe, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2015

Replica of a medieval town in Italy. Lots of shops and things to look at. You can buy a small souvenir or a suit of armour, garden ornaments or chess pieces, paintings or handcuffs. Rally interesting and feels original.

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed 8 December 2014

Unique atmosphere even in the rain. Lovely food at Osteria Al Caminetto best ever hand made pasta ripiena with some fantastic filling. Would love a return visit hoping for better weather.

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed 1 October 2014

This is a fascinating medieval village, with its own church, castle, shops, restaurants and attractions. Parking is cheap (€3) and entry to the village is free. There are so many interesting diversions inside - from a collection of ancient Italian tractors and agricultural equipment, to medieval displays and activities. Plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants. The architecture presents photo opportunities galore.

Date of experience: September 2014
2  Thank LooeMan
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It's true: the village of Grazzano Visconi is totally fake but it's charming anyway...
Being there feels like being in a big amusement park where you, despite all the other visitors, you end up having a great day.
To be honest, there are better sites to visit all along Italy but if you find yourself in the neighborhood of Piacenza...why don't go there?

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I'm fortunate enough to have an Italian fiancee so this summer I visited Italy for 2 1/2 months. We visited four Castle's while I was there and Grazzano Visconti was the first. We visited in August and since most of the country is on vacation, there were only a few shops open. It was still worth the few hours that we spent there and I will have to see it again on my next trip to Italy. Since my tour guide is my wife to be, it made the trip even more special. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to visit and I will visit again.

Date of experience: August 2012