“Sit Outside, Be Sure to Order Fries”
Review of B Side

B Side
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Merrifield
Reviewed 7 September 2018

This is a lovely little place! The french fries are amazing (come with a little dipping sauce). We also ordered a meat and cheese board - the portions on it were rather small and it was pricey, but delicious. There is a huge beer menu and a great selection of wine as well. We sat outdoors - worth the wait for a table. The outdoor area is right on the street and facing a parking garage, but still somehow manages to pull off a bit of ambiance.

Service was good (our server was named Sulemon I think and he was very sweet and efficient).

We will be back! This would be a fun place to bring visitors to the area.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 8 August 2018

B Side is a specialty butchery with a huge beer list.

The menu is interesting. You can select your own meats and cheeses for a plate, or get entrees from the menu. I selected a "rotissifried" chicken that was half fried chicken meat and half baked. The skin was well-seasoned and crispy. The meat was good but there was a lot more bone than meat. We also got fries cooked in beef fat, which were distinctively tasting if jarringly unhealthy.

It's good overall, although it seemed expensive for small portions in Fairfax. Also, the piped in music is way too loud - I could barely hear the waiter.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Brend482
Reviewed 6 February 2018

My favorite place to get cocktails in the DC area. Delicious little-plates food, the chickpea fries are to DIE FOR. Friendly, skilled bartenders, and a great beer/wine menu, as well.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 9 December 2017

My wife and I recently dropped in for happy hour before meeting friends for dinner nearby. We hadn't been here for many months and were looking forward to checking out how it was now that they recently made the top ten list of the 50 best restaurants in Northern VA.

There are not a lot of NOVA spots that can really claim to have top chef bar tenders but man o man B Side sure can. I had probably the best rye Manhattans i have ever had and my wife's cosmos were on point! It's a crowded place with not a lot of bar seating but make a point to get there early so you can be front row for the stellar performance.

Snacks were great as well with pig wings and parm & herb fritters.

Next time we will stay for dinner for sure!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank matthewc397
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Ate with a friend on a busy Saturday night. This place is NOISY - when waiters were talking to me I could see their lips moving and hear almost nothing. But that's OK, some like lively. In any case, they have a great drink menu and a very eclectic selection of wines (the Greek chardonnay was very good). The food, unfortunately, was quite disappointing. The Rotissifried chicken (half roasted, half fried) sounded great but was way overcooked and a bit bland as well. Mushroom and kale salad had barely a hint of mushroom, just wet leaves really. Maybe I'd come back and try the charcuterie but don't think I'd chance another cooked entree. Too bad - attractive looking place but there are so many options in the Mosaic district a restaurant can't be off its game to this extreme.

Date of visit: August 2017