“Lovely Cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Texturisi...
“Lovely Cottage”
Reviewed 11 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

This lovely Cottage was really delightful. It was equipped with everything you could ever need, really there was nothing it hadn't got that I wanted. Very clean.
Very nice bedrooms. Sitting on Bench outside cottage and the little Garden was great. Only blip for me was TV a bit too small. Owner very helpful & accomadating.
So glad I ignored previous bad review, as I was thrilled with this little cottage. Very clean & NO Dog hairs!

Value Rooms
Cleanliness Service
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
13 Sep 2016
Thank you Marilyn for your review.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Sunshine Cottage and hope that you come to stay again.
Replacing the TV for a larger screen is on the agenda.
Kind Regards
Carol
littlemis...
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Would'nt stay again..”
Reviewed 29 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

Our trip didn't begin very well as we had not been given directions to the cottage neither had the owner explained just how difficult access was. I was travelling alone with 2 children and a baby, we were unable to park any where near the cottage and unloading was extremely difficult. parking was £15 for 3 nights at the local car park. We were then very disappointed with the standard of accommodation itself, the furniture, particularly the sofas are very old, tired and grubby. The beds were not made up and pubic hairs were found on the mattresses. The crockery and cutlery needed to be cleaned before we could use it, and every conceivable surface was covered in black pet hair. I did ask the owner for a refund for the last 2 nights of our 3 night stay so we could find alternative accommodation. The owner responded by saying she would re-send the cleaner, however this didn't happen. Beer is a beautiful location and the cottage is in a very peaceful spot, however it really needs updating and prospective holiday makers need to be made fully aware of the difficulties involved with access.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
29 Jun 2016
I find the comments utterly staggering. Our cleaner had cleaned the cottage on Tuesday morning and we had inspected the cottage in Tuesday afternoon ready for our regular guests to arrive on Saturday.
I received an enquiry from Kerry on Tuesday and she booked late on Tuesday. I was able to text her details of where to collect the key and the full address of the property. I emailed her further details on the Wednesday. I believe Kerry arrived about 6pm on Wednesday but I did not know that Kerry was unhappy until the afternoon of Thursday.
I did ring our cleaner but she was unable to return. However she was equally staggered with the comments. The sofas are not old, tired and grubby. I had checked the cutlery myself and they were not dirty. The beds were not made up as linen was not supplied and I had explained that to Kerry. I had also checked the mattress covers as I have spare covers always available. I definitely dispute the black hairs everywhere.
I am sorry that the cottage did not meet your expectations. The majority of our guests visit every year and are extremely happy. I have never received one negative comment.
nancy2003...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“fantastic cottage”
Reviewed 2 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Excellent facilities here- very well equipped. Clean, tidy and comfortable. Would definitely return. Access could be a problem for anyone with limited mobility as its up a steep hill, but in the heart of everything

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
2 Jun 2016
Thank you very much for the excellent view.

I hope you visit again
celeste23
bristol
“Short break away”
Reviewed 22 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Just returning from a lovely weekend away in Beer. Stayed in Sunshine cottage, which was lovely and peaceful. The cottage is on a very quiet terrace next to the church. It has two double bedrooms and one single all which are spacious and a family bathroom. The kitchen is very well equipped with everything you could need. The little garden out the front was a lovely place to sit and take in the view over the village. There is no parking due to the location of the terrace but a small bay at the end of the terrace where you can park for 2 hrs or after 6pm you could park till 9am the next day. The main car park in the village was also very reasonable and a secure place to park. It is in a great location for all the shops and pubs and the beach is a 4 min walk away.
Overall a lovely spacious cottage in a great village would recommend

2 Jun 2016
Thank you for your comments.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing