All reviews clover bar on site mar menor pool view italian restaurant nomad restaurant whirlpool bath main restaurant pool bar golf resort the actual hotel star hotel beautiful hotel hotel restaurants plenty of sunbeds public areas late check
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Just spent a couple of days here with family and we had a lovely time.
From the moment we arrived the hotel staff could not have been more attentive. They were extremely professional but friendly and welcoming. I requested 2 rooms close to each other and we were given connecting ones with beautiful pool views.
The hotel has lots of facilities on site but is also very close to more choice and locations.
We used a couple of the on site bars and restaurants plus the spa and while not the cheapest in the local area it is one of the best in our opinion (parents live in this area)

Trip type: Travelled with family
intercontinentalmm, Quality Manager at InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you very much for writing this wonderful review. It is a great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, that you received attentive service and loved the amenities we offer. We try to create a home far away from home for our guests and I am glad that you experienced this.
Thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Kind regards,

Martin, M
Quality Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I stay at IHG hotels around The world on an almost a weekly basis, including many intercontinental hotels.

This one is a great location and nice facilities, however it is much more a holiday resort than a hotel, and the outcome of that actually is a reduction in the normal level of service.

As an example, pay for your towels, pay for the steam room, poor quality gym, no towels in the gym or spa. Tried to take my girlfriend to dinner, and the hotel booked taxi did not arrive, then we could not get a reservation until late in one of the hotel restaurants. No apology by the hotel, despite an email to them.

As a platinum member I expect a certain level of service, but could not even get a reasonably late checkout. Speed of service in the restaurants and bars very poor, long waits and very rarely a smile.

What a shame, a lovely location and facilities, but just lacking any sort of customer service culture.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Fabrizio S, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I understand that your stay was negatively affected by the level/ lack of service you received and the condition of the hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience these may have caused you, also we are sorry for not being at par to your expectations.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. We would love for you to give us another try.

Once again, thank you for taking the time. We value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a villa on the complex so didn't use the hotel. However the whole complex is very pretty and beautiful. We had a walk round it nearly every day.
There are a few restaurants on site, of use to everyone, and a shop (Spar) which has everything you might need.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Amy R
Fabrizio S, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback that you left after staying with us at InterContinental Mar Menor.
I am thrilled to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us.
I will share your words with the rest of the team,
I trust that we may have the pleasure of welcoming your return back for another memorable experiences with us!

Guest Relations

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Surroundings: A beautiful variety of trees, shrubs and flowers: the grounds are green, fresh and kept exquisitely, which must be a great deal of work considering the drought! I would like to extend my compliments to the men who do all the work!
Hospitality: Each and every member of the staff went out of their way to make everything as pleasant as possible. Most important in my view: Their friendliness was quite sincere, which I value very much.
Internet: Fine.
Television: since every programme is dubbed, you will not find much channels that you can watch unless you speak Spanish. On the other hand: it would be a waste of time to stare at a tv-screen on your holiday, wouldn't it?
Facilities: Quite allright as far as I am concerned. I was staying for one week in a residence suited for one/two persons and I had everything I needed. However, my friend, who rented a bigger residence with 4 children, would have liked to have some more towels and tableware. Plenty of pots and pans though!
Shop: There is a Spar Express on the premises within walking distance. The variety of produce is fresh and the prices were quite moderate, to my surprise.
Restaurants: A nice and affordable variety of restaurants are within walking distance. It is also quite easy to cook your own little supper, since every residence is provided with an oven, microwave and stove.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Fabrizio S, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Dear guest,

I am thrilled to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us.
I will share your words with the rest of the team,

Guest Relations

Reviewed 2 August 2018

My husband and I spent four nights here in early July. The hotel is traditional, clean and welcoming. The staff were all very friendly and the amenities we used all in good order. We spent most days by the pool and had no trouble at all securing sun loungers, there are lovely floating bean bags in the pool free for all to use. There is table service for drinks from the pool bar. We ate in all the restaurants except for the sushi restaurant. The food is fine and as I would expect from a resort. Breakfast was lovely and I had freshly made omelettes every day. We had a room facing the front of the hotel and it was quiet at night, the air conditioning worked well and we were happy with all amenities, we were also able to secure a late check out on our last day. Internet was free and available throughout the hotel, including round the pool.

Room tip: I imagine rooms facing the front of the room are quieter, and have more shade on the balcony in the afternoon.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Fabrizio S, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Mar Menor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.
I am delighted to read your positive remarks on our hotel. Nothing makes a hotel team happier, than knowing their guests are satisfied and have enjoyed their stay. It was such a pleasure to have you as our guest and to be at your service.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back.

Guest Relations.