All reviewsalfa travelcoach tripsteep hillrailway stationsea viewevening entertainmentcreaking floorboardschef's specialsst ivesalfa coachesentertainments roomfull size snooker tablecold hamswimming poolcourse evening mealminute journeyenjoyed our stay
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Dated and need a lick of paint. However very clean and comfy bed. Great location close to the beach. Descent breakfast- but only a small portion so if you have a big appetite - you may leave still hungry.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2018

For what it's worth this hotel is lovely and is ideal for any holiday in the St Ives area. It's a shame it is due to close down later this year as I would have certainly returned. I travelled with my wife and my parents as part of a holiday with Alpha travel.
We paid for a sea view and we stayed in room 88 which gave us beautiful views across the Carbis Bay. The room was a little dated but who cares. It was comfortable with a TV on the wall and coffee/tea making facilities which were topped up everyday.
We stayed on a half board basis which included a full English breakfast amongst other choices and a three course evening meal. The holiday included excursions but on the spare days you also were able to order a complimentary packed lunch which I thought was a nice touch.
The hotel is a five minute walk away from Carbis Bay railway station where you can purchase tickets at £2 return to St Ives which is approximately a five minute train ride away. Easily the best way to get into St Ives as the train hugs along the coastline which some amazing views.
In the evenings the hotel did provide entertainment but I have to say this was mainly aimed at the older guests. It normally included a Musician and Bingo but we didn't really make use of the entertainment preferring to spend time in our room admiring the views.
Finally the staff are all amazing. They couldn't do enough for you and really made you feel welcome. Our waiter, Joseph, (spelt in English) was brilliant and always looked after us on table 13. We were lucky to get table 13 as it was against the window and overlooked the sea.
I can't imagine why they are knocking this hotel down. It's a real shame. Like I said I would have definately liked to return. I hope the staff are able to keep their jobs in some form or another as they all deserve it. Thank you all once again.

Room Tip: Book a sea view. Room 88 was well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here a bit last minute and it was reasonably priced, nice location with plenty of parking. A little dated now but it's still ok. My room was clean and bed very comfortable. Breakfast was ok. Definitely recommend

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Squawking44
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Our second visit to this fantastically located hotel. It is far from being the most attractive hotel but inside it is clean, friendly and comfortable. The outstanding feature is the quality of staff, particularly Cintia who is smart, caring and friendly. She has a well developed customer service skill and she goes the extra mile to deliver. The hotel has probably reached the end of its natural life without a required update - it is look
looking very dated - but I am not sure that "luxury apartments" is always the answer to developing areas such as this.

Room Tip: Sea views are great.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DerekPMitcham
Reviewed 12 April 2018

This is a hotel in Carbis Bay,just outside St Ives, it is at the bottom of a steep hill and so the best way to St Ives is by train, these do however only stop every hour. The train station is very close to the hotel 5mins. The hotel is clean and comfortable, the staff are lovely and our waiter Richie was excellent. The food is good and good portions. No complaints from me ,had a great week, if you want to go you need to visit before October.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo