All reviews leasowe castle golf course wedding venue my partner sea view star chamber following morning cocktail bar evening meal steak lovely place from start to finish wedding breakfast bar staff wedding guests couldn't do enough couldn't fault
Reviewed 31 October 2018

Spent a lovely overnight break at the castle, the room was very comfortable with a seaview. All staff were very friendly and professional and nothing was too much trouble. The castle has lots of great features, the Star Chamber is amazing and the grounds are attractive and it is only a short walk to the beach. We ate in the Bistro the food was of a high standard, my only criticism would be that the portions were a little on the small side. Breakfast was served to order and was delicious there was also a large range of contintental options. The waitresses were very friendly and attentive, refilling our coffee etc. We can't wait to return and would definite recommend Leasowe Castle, well done to the team!

Room tip: Room 10 had a seaview
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mike57d, General Manager at Leasowe Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your time with us. I note your comments about portion size which is helpful as we are just launching our new menu. I hope we have the pleasure of your company at some time in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely venue we was looking over the golf course and the sea fab
Food breakfast was a buffet style everything you wanted. The wedding meal was beautiful nice and hot food . Drinks wasnt to badly priced either

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank lisa n

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am delighted you had such a good time.

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Where do I start with this hotel, rude, dirty, best described as a fawlty towers hotel. The food is small portions and was Luke warm at best, and paying £14 for a burger you would of thought it would of been warm at least. The rooms was dirty, small, and half used bathroom utensils...... again a total joke. Clothes wouldn’t fit in the wardrobe, my girlfriend couldn’t do her make up as dressing table to close to the bed. The paint work well my dog could of done a better job. Mound in the shower, the room was cold no batteries in the remote for the tv and the beds was so awful my girlfriend still has a bad back. The staff was so so rude and as you would do complained. I agreed with JOSEPH WILLIAMSON that I would pay for one night which was fair enough. I then get a call from my credit card provider that 12 separate payments have been taken out of my account..... totalling £120..... taken without my authority. I then call the hotel to be told I was called 10 times in Saturday which is a total lie. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bigusdavuss
Mike57d, General Manager at Leasowe Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Where do I start!!
You sat with Joseph and went through your short comings on the day of departure Joseph agreed with a number of your issues and gave you a 50% discount. You then informed Joseph that you had already paid for your room via booking.com. However you were in a rush to leave so gave Joseph your CC details just in case you had not paid making sure he took a copy of both sides of the card and gave him authority to charge the card in in the unlikely event you had not already paid. Booking.com confirmed you had indeed not prepaid for the booking (surprise surprise). So with your full authority we proceeded to charge the card you left with us. Mercy me DECLINED. This being the case we rang your mobile 10 times without answer, to us it was clear what had taken place. As a last resort we tried the card for £10 which went through and then proceeded with a further 11 transactions. On another note entirely given the obvious skills of your dog you might like to look out for the next series of Britain's Got Talent it may well stand a chance.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

Went here a couple of weeks ago for an evening meal having been on a tour of the hotel a week or so before with the Wirral Society. The bistro has a nice cosy feel although the lighting could do with being a little more subdued. There was a good choice on the a la carte menu (no set menu) The food was good although rather small portions for the price The highlight was coffee in the star chamber lounge .....so unusual these days on the Wirral to be able to sit and relax over coffee away from the dining table. The service was fine too.

Date of stay: October 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to review your time with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Exceptional location for visit to see Terracotta warriors in Liverpool. Short train journey in to Liverpool.
Really good service from friendly staff. Food on morning and night was of a high standard. Could not have been better. Will definitely visit again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your very positive review.