“Una meravigliosa esperienza da cenare!”
Review of La Lumira

La Lumira
Price range: US$40 - US$58
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tipical specialities from Emilia Romagna. Tortellini and Tagliatelle, grill and balsamic vinegar. The best italian wines.
Reviewed 29 October 2017

I can struggle with writing this review in Italian, but I won't...I'll use English because I can better express myself that way. By way of background, my wife and I travel at least once a year to Italy and have done so for many years. We have friends...wonderful friends...in Italy all of whom...by coincidence...are in the food, wine, restaurant, pig farm, etc. business. So, with all our visits to Italy we've been to many fine restaurants...often. And, that's not to go into any detail about our other travels to other European restaurants and restaurants in NYC, where we're from and live nearby and the rest of the USA. So, I am taking the time to write about La Lumira.. in English when all the other reviews here are by Italians...in Italian. So, who knows if any English speaker will ever even read this. But, on the chance that one...or more...might...they'd get some sense here of how good La Lumira is. Even with all of the dining we've done as I've mentioned...La Lumira stands out. This is not a pretentious restaurant. Nor is it a garden variety Italian restaurant (though garden variety eating in Italy is more often than not just fine and satisfying.) This is a beautiful, comfortable restaurant which is magical with its fare. We were lucky enough to have dinner here twice on our most recent trip to Italy this month and each time the food that came out was marvelous...in quality, taste, presentation and in every other indication of how good it might be. The service was impeccable and the wine offering was just simply great and complimented the food we'd ordered. Sometimes, I think it's fair to say, going back to a restaurant where one might have had a wonderful meal can lead to some letdown...some disappointment. That plainly was not our experience here, at La Lumira. Our first dinner there was so remarkable that we made it a point to return the following week when we were again passing through the area. It was anything but a letdown. It proved to be every bit as wonderful as our first dinner there. I can say that my wife and I feel fortunate to be able to have had our two incredible dinners at La Lumira and I'd recommend it to anyone...Italian speaker, English speakers...everyone!

2  Thank Avrumeleh B

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Just divine, would highly recommend, the staff were very kind and helpful and I can still taste the deliciousness of food.
Just amazing.

1  Thank candyh427
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This place was recommended by our hosts, no so far away from our place. You don't need a overwhelming menu to convince, few dishes but good (read delicious) and a decent wine list are enough.

Even they made a mistake and forgot that my wife is vegetarian ... the overall impresion is very good to excellent. Excellent cook delivering excellent food. Would come back if given the occasion.

1  Thank Lucian I
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Well, was quite sceptical about all that "tortellini in soup" talk but decided to try it out at La Lumira and didn't regret it! Great food, great service, a place you shouldn't miss while venturing Via Emilia..

Reviewed 17 March 2015

We visited the restaurant with a group of friends. We tried several traditional dishes, all very tasty with a personal interpretation of the chef. The ingredients were fresh and the pasta handmade.
My favorite dish, tortellini with a bean soup, this is an old tradition of the countryside area, a fantastic soup that I have never eaten before!
We tried also the taglitelle, green as the local tradition!
Also meat was very good, I tried the rabbit and the mixed boiled meat, both were perfect!
An excellent selection of wines has finalized our lunch.