All reviews beautiful pool business trip great hotel visit athens impression gym taxi laptop kiffisia metro balcony greece neighborhood
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I stayed in Dekelia hotel when visiting Athens as there was a tennis tournament in Kiffisia that I was attending.

The hotel was great - the staff was very, very friendly and accommodating. (Ordering Taxis, helping us reschedule dinner reservations, flexible re: checkout)

Breakfast was perfectly reasonable (egg choice, bacon, some vegetables, some pastries, pancakes, etc). Dinner was surprising, a lot of interesting choice. I had spaghetti with chicken which was definitely tasty and not overly expensive. My friend enjoyed the Rissoto.

Room was good size, water pressure great, hot water. Bed - too soft for me but I'm particular that way.

Pool looked good - it was too chilly to use it.

As far as transport - you have to get there by car or Taxi. Kiffisia Metro station is 15 minutes away by car. (6-7 euro by cab), from there to center of athens is about 25 minutes by Metro. Cab to the city was between 16-25 euro, depending on the time of day and traffic.

For the purpose of my trip, it was a great find. If you want to visit Athens - I'd probably recommend a hotel closer to the center.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We have been back for three separate trips and the staff and hotel are great! Super convenient to get to the Center of Athens and only 20 minutes to the airport. Great for couples and families. Highly recommend!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

During my business trip to Athens I've stayed in the Delkelia Hotel in Kifisia for four nights.
At first glance, the hotel makes a good impression, but on closer inspection there are some points of criticism. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are comfortable and clean. Also the free WiFi works rather good (not allways the case in hotels). The included breakfast is ok, but there is hardly variation, i.e. after the third day I got a little bit tired of it. The outdoor pool is moderate, but nothing exceptional and the state as well as the equipment of the gym is rather poor.
Last but not least, the location of the hotel is not that good (especially if you are there just by yourself). As the hotel is close to the highway it is quite loud (especially during the night which seems to be the preferred time for motorcycle racing). Furthermore if you want to do some running in the surrounding of the hotel, it is not possible due to missing sidewalks. The city center of Athens and also the coast are some kilometres away, i.e. you have to go there by car, taxi or public transport.
All in all the Dekelia Hotel is acceptable and in the course of a business trip also suitable. However, if I want to spend some days in Athens with my family or friends, I would choose a hotel closer to both the city center and the sea.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Great hotel if you are looking for peace and a swiming pool. Stayed at one of the rooms that overlook the pool, which is a nice view to have. As minus I can only mention the very limited power sockets and the too cold air condition setting at the diner.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I stayed in Athens in June 2017, looking for a quiet hotel with a pool where I could work before moving into central Athens for a conference. This hotel proved to be a perfect choice.

Getting a cab from Athens airport to the hotel proved the least painful of all options, I paid about €40 for a Welcome pickups cab and while we struggled a bit to find the place (the GPS showed the hotel to be about 200 metres up the road from the actual location), we got there in the end.

I was welcomed by a friendly gentleman at reception and was in my room very quickly, which was very good as I was anxious to get something to eat and then get working. This proved to be representative of the rest of the staff — all speaking very good English and being very attentive in an unobtrusive way.

The hotel is a relatively modern, built in the mid-2000s, if I recall correctly, and is very well kept. I was told my room was on the first floor, which threw me off a bit, but it seems to be the case that Greece follows the same tradition as the UK, counting floors from the ground floor. The lift took me up with my case and I was installed very quickly in a spacious business room with adequate workspace and a balcony.

The room had a nice marble bathroom with a bath with a shower. The shower had too low pressure to be realistically used with anything other than the massage setting, which wasn't really a problem. The bathroom followed another Greek tradition, providing a rubbish bin for toilet paper; this was emptied every day.

In sum, the room was very nice, the windows and balcony had a great view of the surrounding countryside and it was nice and cool in the mornings to open the balcony doors and work at the desk. The balcony doors have insect netting, which means they can be safely left open. The airconditioning was a bit cryptic to work out, and I would have asked at the reception, but I managed to figure things out in the end.

The major bugbear about the room was that there were too few sockets and the safe did not fit a large laptop. I am dependent on my computer for work and cannot leave it unattended in a hotel room, so it ended up going to breakfast with me.

The hotel provides wifi throughout the hotel itself and even down to the pool, which meant I could sit there and work. While the WIFI functioned adequately most of the time during the day, it seemed to die at night as people joined the network. This is a shame as I really needed to access the network for work.

The rooms had a TV with lots of channels in different languages (Greek, French, German, English among others). This meant I could kick back after a long day with some entertainment.

The breakfasts were fine — not as good as some that I have had in Greece, but certainly not bad. The guys serving breakfast were very pleasant and I found myself eating enough that I didn't need lunch.

I also ate dinner at the hotel every day during my stay, the range of options wasn't huge, but the quality was very good and I enjoyed the food. Again, the service was very good.

The pool is what makes Dekelia Hotel so nice. It really is lovely. The shape is a bit weird (triangular), but it is designed to suit all purposes and does this relatively well. The poolside is also very nice, and I found myself sitting here and working while sipping on freddo espressos rather more often and for longer than I had expected. The poolside staff are also very welcoming and attentive without being overbearing. I had a nice chat with the lifeguard while the pool was empty.

I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a quiet getaway near, but not in, Athens. Had I had a car, I would have explored the area nearby, which is wooded and hilly.

The worst thing about my stay? The slow WIFI.

The best? The pool and service.

Worth noting that my taxi into central Athens was with a pleasant driver who I got chatting with, he said he had wondered why a foreigner would stay in such a place rather than central Athens until he walked into the hotel and saw the pool and surroundings.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business