“Disappointing ”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Langbank
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is in a beautiful setting and nice decor. I have given it such a low rating because of the service. Food not out of the ordinary . I ordered soup and sandwich and the sandwich portion quite small
The service was very slow. We waited so long to get an order for a pudding that we all lost interest. I asked for a flat white coffee and was asked by the waitress if I wanted in a large or regular cup. When I explained it was not served in a large cup and it had two shots of coffee, the waitress replied that this was not Costa Coffee. They also have a restaurant in Lochwinnoch and the service and food is much superior and each dish is about £1.00p cheaper. Let us say I will not be back.

1  Thank Joanmacleod

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Last night we had a birthday celebration with some friends at Coast.We have been there on many occasions and the food has always been good however this was not our experience yesterday.
A friend and myself ordered ribeye steaks and they were poor quality,over cooked,cold and certainly not worth £20 plus!One of the baked potatoes was still frozen and had to be returned.

Half way through the meal a waiter asked if everything was okay,we commented on the poor quality of the meat.He then asked,”what else can we do?”. As we were almost finished our meal,we were too disappointed to consider alternative food and had already attempted to eat the steaks.The waiter did not respond and walked away!

We left the restaurant extremely unhappy about the whole experience as no consideration had been given to any of our comments and we ended up paying for a terrible dinner which we felt was overpriced.

1  Thank Malteeser2014
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Fantastic resturant: really good food for a good prize. Stunning view. Modern coastal interieur. Friendly people, good service.
Coming back soon

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I do not understand how this place is so busy. Food is ok but nothing great and to me is overpriced pub grub. Service is terrible, staff have perfected the way to walk about and not see anything. There are plenty of staff walking about delivering food and drinks but seem averse to actually clearing a table. In one instance we had finished our starter and the empty plates were piled on the middle of the table, a waiter came over with a main course which was actually for the table next to us, he seen the empty plates, we told him the meals were not for us and he then served the table next to us and just walked away empty handed, what kind of training do the staff get, if any, never mind having the common sense to clear a table. When looking around I seen that there were quite a few tables with empty plates piling up so this was not a unique event. The place may well have been busy but there were enough staff about to deal with it, even if they didn’t want to. Will not be back and would not recommend.

3  Thank GeehDee
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I had a fantastic experience at “Coast “on the banks of the river Clyde most recently. The warm welcome and ever attentive staff were a credit to the management team at Coast in Langbank.
Presentation and cleanliness were also of an exemplary standard throughout this very modern and stylish venue.
Our food choice was also excellent, with large portions and freshly cooked meals that really hit the spot with my family .
A particular favourite for myself was the spotlessly clean carvery ,that offers freshly cooked meats and vegetables served by the courteous on hand chef . If you have any room left for their sensational sweet menu , prepared to be dazzled with a superb selection of mouthwatering offerings.
We would recommend a visit at anytime to this venue , if only just for coffee and fresh cake , or a sandwich or meal you will not be in any way disappointed.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member