Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 May 2021

A truly fantastic retreat, everything planned and people catered for in a meticulous manner. Great food, hikes, yoga and overall an incredibly peaceful environment. Thank you for a fantastic stay, much enjoyed.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 16 January 2021

Aro Ha has been on my list of 'to do' for a couple of years and I'm glad that the stars aligned and I made it there this January. This was my first ever proper retreat and I have to say it was world class. Everything was so well thought of, that it flowed with such ease. It is the perfect balance of mindfulness, health, fitness and quietness - which we all so need after 2020. The food is also amazing, even though I'm not vegan it was delicious and I found I had the same, if not more energy than I would normally. The place itself is out of this world, everywhere from my bedroom to the spa to our dining room had the most amazing view. Waking up to the sound of tibetan bells chiming is something I will miss. Has definitely left a positive mark in my life with a gentle awakening of how one can improve and be the best versions of ourselves. Highly recommend it - and very comfy beds!

Room tip: Just make sure your room has a view!
Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank StephanieChai
Reviewed 7 September 2020

The retreat is absolutely beautiful, located just out of Glenorchy with the most spectacular views. The rooms and common areas are lovely, and the spa is gorgeous.

The retreats changed all the time, so pick your passion (Pilates, food, writing, yoga etc). Or just go and give something new a go..... The hikes are to lovely locations and can be adapted to any level of fitness.

The food is so good, it is all plant based, but I can't stress how good it is.

The staff are kind, caring and make sure every need is met, nothing is too hard.

It is fine to go alone. The group will make you feel welcome. The daily massages are great too!

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 7 December 2019

I've been home from Aro Ha for one week and still think about my experience there every day. From the moment you are collected you feel genuinely cared for. That's a rare treat in itself when we are so busy looking after everyone else's needs and putting ourselves last. At Aro Ha you enter a bubble of total care; total indulgence and total peacefulness. There are no decisions to make along the way and all the staff show amazing generosity of spirit in everything they do. The food is beyond delicious and, whilst it is Vegan and plant based, you don't miss anything. Every meal is presented like a work of art. What I especially loved about Aro Ha (unique in any destination) is the open door policy that exists. You can wander anywhere and the staff are always open for a chat. Special thanks to Sue the gardener who showed me around the gardens. I didn't lose much weight but if you are blessed enough to afford this very special experience, don't go to lose anything, go to find more of who you are.

Room tip: All rooms have fabulous views. Only downside is sharing a bathroom with someone else - two rooms to one centralized bathroom.
Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank Janie R
Reviewed 23 October 2019 via mobile

A truly special wellness retreat.
Outstanding in every area, location, food, service, experiences and over the top staff.

Warrior One yoga with Dustin and Nova from Melbourne, was the star of our 8 day retreat, very closely followed by a caring and inspirational staff lead by the head honcho Damian.

The kitchen chefs are unbelievably good, producing outstanding vegan food of amazing variety.

Servings are graded 1-4, 4 is a lot, I dropped to 3, 2 is standard.

Be prepared to walk, ‘ tramp’ as the Kiwis say, some amazing trails. Usually about 3-4 hours and some hills are steep! All levels are ok, as the fast ones on the return pick up the slower hikers and all return about the same time.

Daily massages, spa, sauna, cold pool, yes it’s great for tired legs!, yoga, games and an entre to mindfulness.

The only minus would be for two couples sharing the shower and bathroom between the two rooms.

Time flew by, lasting friendships made as spirits and hearts opened to infinite possibilities.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple