“Simply the best”

The Vale Niseko Onsen
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the mineral rich water of The Vale Niseko Onsen, piped directly from a natural volcanic hot spring. Soaking in the nutritious waters is highly valued by the Japanese as beneficial to health and wellbeing, and a session in the deliciously hot water after a long day on the ski hill will soon show you why!
Reviewed 4 February 2016

This was the first and only onsen we visited in Niseko. We absolutely loved it and came back 3 days in a row. As we were staying in a hostel like lodge we honestly preferred to pay the onsen rate just to shower each day after skiing. Only regret is we didn't come here sooner and every day.

Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

My partner and I visited today, we had very different experiences. She had clear clean water in her baths. The water in the men's side was so filthy with slimy green floating gunk and clumps of pubes that I couldn't even see the bottom of the shallow pools. I saw other men getting in without showering first so that explains the dirty water, it really was horrible.

nisade-com, Public Relations Manager at The Vale Niseko Onsen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2016

Hi changomutney,

Thanks for your review and we are happy to hear that your partner enjoyed the female onsen at The Vale Niseko! I am sorry to hear that the men's side did not offer the same experience, and we would like to thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback.

I am very sorry that you didn't get to experience the onsen at its best. Our onsen water is unfiltered direct from the hot spring, and contains a high content of minerals. The water can be cloudy, and sometimes contains mineral particles which are similar to clay. We drain and scrub the onsen on a daily basis, alternating between the outdoor and the indoor bath, so please be assured that hygiene and water purity are our highest priorities.

As a result of your feedback we are reviewing our onsen procedures and signage to better reiterate the need to bathe thoroughly before entering the pools. I'd like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience in a way that will help us improve our services.

If you would like to visit the onsen again please don't hesitate to get in touch. We'd love the opportunity to provide you with a more enjoyable onsen experience and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Emma
Guest Relations

Reviewed 28 December 2015

There were a few of us who decided that we would have the afternoon off skiing and weren't really sure what to do. So glad we decided to visit The Vale Niseko onsen and rest out muscles in the mineral onsen they have.
It is small but comes with access to the heated pool and has a small sauna inside as well.
We were told that from between 1pm and 4pm is the best time to go because most people are still on the mountain then.
It's not too expensive since you are able to spend as much time in there as you can once you enter.

1  Thank hurryaway
Reviewed 28 December 2015

I've visited this onsen numerous times and it's always enjoyable and relaxing. It is on the smaller side but I've never had a problem with it feeling crowded, (I have always avoided Christmas and Chinese New Year though) water quality is amazing and it is fitted out very nicely.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 December 2015

This is a small onsen as mentioned before, but I wanted to try it because the water is straight from the source and not filtered like so many others in the area. It's beautiful to look at, and both the indoor and outdoor pools are small, but the sauna is a definite plus and you can use the pool too if you like, which makes the price fair enough.

There are combs, cotton buds and amazing smelling hand cream, and good shampoo and conditioner at the shower stations. I felt very relaxed after my bath and would return again. I especially like the outdoor pool - there is not too far to scurry in the nude!